Federated access management enables security-rich collaboration in the cloud
IBM® Tivoli® Federated Identity Manager provides web and federated single sign-on (SSO) to users throughout multiple applications. It uses federated SSO for security-rich information sharing for private, public and hybrid cloud deployments. Now you can enable security-rich business collaboration in the cloud.
Tivoli Federated Identity Manager:
- Helps businesses collaborate more securely—by providing federated SSO and an identity mediation service.
- Supports open standards—to give employees access to cloud-based applications.
- Delivers an identity management solution—with modular software that supports IBM z/OS® environments and entry-level software that enables collaboration with small-to-midsize business partners.
Helps businesses collaborate more securely
- Delivers SSO for separately managed infrastructure domains, both within and throughout an organization.
- Provides policy-based integrated security management for federated web services.
- Provides a powerful identity mediation service for cloud, software-as-a-service (SaaS) and web services implementation.
- Manages, maps and propagates user identities. This reduces administrative costs, establishes trust and facilitates compliance.
- Provides a simpler, loosely-coupled model for managing identity and access to resources that span companies or security domains.
Supports open standards
- Supports user-centric identity management through integration with open standards frameworks, such as OpenID and Information Card profile.
- Uses identity selectors from Microsoft Windows CardSpace and the Higgins Trust Framework, which do not require sharing metadata between identity and service providers.
- Supports the emerging OAuth open standard for authorization along with Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), OpenID, Liberty, WS-Federation, WS-Security and WS-Trust.
- Uses IBM Tivoli Federated Identity Manager Business Gateway for federated SSO. This software provides expanded token support to include WS-Federation, Information Card Profile and OpenID in addition to SAML. It also provides a security-rich token service, supporting WS-Trust, username, SAML, Resource Access Control Facility (RACF), X590 and Kerberos tokens.
Delivers an identity management solution
- Simplifies integration and web access management for Java, .NET and mainframe-based applications and services.
- Simplifies administration and allows you to extend identity and access management to third-party users and third-party services.
- Enables you to control access to applications based on the user’s role in the organization.
- Allows organizations to share trusted identities and policies about users and services.
- Provides concurrent support for all leading federated SSO products. This allows you to collaborate with a wide variety of partner organizations.
Tivoli Federated Identity Manager resources