Enhanced Qualities of Service with features for optimizing IT resources
WebSphere Extended Deployment is a suite of three application infrastructure products packaged together for greater value when you need to address multiple application requirements efficiently and in a timely manner.
WebSphere Extended Deployment includes:
- WebSphere Virtual Enterprise provides dynamic workload management and application infrastructure virtualization capabilities to create, manage and run enterprise applications and an SOA environment.
- WebSphere eXtreme Scale processes massive data volumes with extreme efficiency and linear scalability to conduct extreme transaction processing.
- WebSphere Extended Deployment Compute Grid enables the scheduling, execution and monitoring of batch type jobs with enhanced service policy and workload management.
WebSphere Virtual Enterprise provides dynamic workload management
- Provides virtualization capabilities that can dynamically match available resources to changing workload demands.
- Features virtualization and workload and health management for PHP, BEA WebLogic, JBoss, Apache Tomcat and IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition application environments.
- Delivers customizable health policies and actions to help enhance manageability.
- Offers Workload routing (HTTP, SOAP, JMS) and Workload traffic shaping and flow control.
- Delivers dynamic application placement, operational management, application-edition management and visualization capabilities.
WebSphere eXtreme Scale processes massive data volumes
- Operates as an in-memory data grid that dynamically caches, partitions, replicates and manages application data and business logic across multiple servers.
- Supports innovative and highly scalable data fabrics to accelerate data-intensive application performance.
- Is designed with transactional integrity and transparent failover to help provide high availability, reliability and constant response times.
- Offers ObjectGrid and partitioning facility capabilities.
WebSphere Extended Deployment Compute Grid enables the scheduling, execution and monitoring of batch type jobs
- Processes business transactions by sharing resources and development skills between batch and online transaction processing (OLTP).
- Breaks massive batch jobs into manageable parallel tasks to help you maintain service level agreements.
- Uses scalable, high quality of services batch transaction processing based on mainframe capabilities, while using Java skills.
- Takes advantage of a cloud-based delivery model.
WebSphere Extended Deployment