Designed to simplify server management and reduce IT costs
IBM® Endpoint Manager for Server Automation enables users to perform advanced automation tasks across servers, including task sequencing—without the need for programming skills. This product offers a rich set of prebuilt automation scripts and enables users to create and re-use their own automation flows.
You gain enterprise application scalability with minimal infrastructure investment, enforcement of near real-time endpoint configuration policies and automated feature and content updates.
IBM Endpoint Manager for Server Automation allows you to:
- Manage the lifecycle of all endpoints and their configurations including data center servers, from a single console.
- Create, save and reuse automation flows throughout groups of related servers, desktops or notebooks. You can also use prebuilt automation that includes thousands of automation scripts (called IBM Fixlets®).
- Use automated task sequencing to extend software lifecycle management capabilities beyond distributed devices to data center servers. This Sequenced Middleware Stack and Deploy feature can help save time and reduce operations costs.
Manage the lifecycle of all endpoints and their configurations
- Provides a single user interface through which users can manage desktops, notebooks and data center servers.
- Supports near real-time, policy based management designed to lower costs.
- Provides seamless physical and virtual server management from the same, single interface. This capability can greatly improve visibility and control of all endpoints.
- Coordinate OS patching for complex multi-tier server applications in both physical and virtual server environments.
Create, save and reuse automation flows
- Allows you to deploy and manage servers throughout heterogeneous platforms using either prebuilt or custom automation.
- Provides an online library that contains thousands of Fixlets, which are discrete units of automation. IBM regularly adds new Fixlets to this library.
- Allows you to customize automation through the user interface. You can use simple scripting language as well as existing scripts. No programming knowledge is necessary.
- Allows you to customize automation through traditional/physical and virtualized environments and between development, test and production servers.
Use automated task sequencing
- Supports simple tasks like server builds. Examples include deploying operating systems, configuring settings, deploying simple software, changing the host name, and restarting computer.
- Also supports other common system administrator tasks that need to be sequenced.
- Allows you to carefully sequence a set of operations throughout a group of systems. This includes servers running in data centers that have dependencies and relationships between systems.
IBM Endpoint Manager for Server Automation resources
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Not available for purchase online.