Simplify the development of business logic for enterprise applications
IBM® WebSphere® Application Server Feature Pack for EJB 3.0 adds support for the Enterprise Java Beans 3.0 and simplifies the development of business logic for enterprise applications in an existing WebSphere Application Server installation. It introduces a simplified programming model that leverages inline annotations and intelligent defaults to streamline the process of developing business objects.
WebSphere Application Server Feature Pack for Enterprise Java EJB 3.0 features:
- Simplified development by allowing developers to program EJB components as POJOs with Java business interfaces.
- Easier testing by testing outside the container using typical JUnit test patterns.
- Configurable and extensible JPA persistence support to meet a variety of needs.
- Annotations now provide component metadata, so it is no longer necessary to create XML deployment descriptors.
- WebSphere Application Server Feature Pack for EJB Includes an implementation of the Java Persistence API (JPA) specification based on the open source Apache OpenJPA with IBM extensions.
- Increases the rapid development productivity by reducing the time for the edit-compile-deploy-debug cycles currently associated with Java Enterprise Edition applications.
- Provides simplified persistence testing. With WebSphere Application Server Feature Pack for EJB, you can test outside of the container environment either with or without the database.
Configurable and extensible JPA persistence support
- Pessimistic or optimistic locking
- Large query result sets
- XML type mapping
- Batch updates and more
WebSphere Application Server Feature Pack for EJB 3.0