Increase workload velocity by automatically routing workloads to best available resources
- Autonomic routing of jobs within the heterogeneous scheduling infrastructure
Load balancing and policy-based allocations.
- Ability to define job priorities to better manage dynamic resource allocations to meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Automated discovery of resources available for job execution with dynamic scheduling.
- Full IBM Enterprise Workload Manager (EWLM) integration to drive job routing based on SLA policies.
- Support for WebSphere® environments to schedule J2EE business applications.
- Support for high availability clusters to schedule jobs in clustered environments.
- Event-based scheduling ability for ad hoc job scheduling.
What's New in Tivoli® Dynamic Workload Broker V1.2?
IBM Tivoli® Dynamic Workload Broker V1.2 routes workloads to best available resources based on workload requirements, business policies, and resource availability, and auto-discovers newly added resources to the scheduling infrastructure. IBM Tivoli Dynamic Workload Broker V1.2 capabilities include:
- Dynamic routing of workloads to best available resources based on workload requirements, business policies, and resource availability.
- Automatic discovery of newly added resources to the scheduling infrastructure
Seamless integration with IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler and IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS®.
- Easy integration with any third party scheduler to add dynamic workload routing to static scheduling infrastructures.
- Seamless integration with IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager for on demand provisioning of resources to help users meet business demands.
New in V1.2 are:
- Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux™ 5, SuSE Enterprise Linux Server V10, Solaris V9 and V10, and HP-UX 11i V2 and V3.
- Support for Oracle RDBMS in addition to DB2®.
- Support for IPv6.
- Common Auditing and Reporting Service to easily demonstrate user compliance efforts with government regulations such as the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and the Basel II international banking accord.
IBM Tivoli® Dynamic Workload Broker has dynamic job brokering to help improve operational efficiencies. With IBM Tivoli Dynamic Workload Broker, you can eliminate the manually intensive process of planning job assignments across multiple, heterogeneous resources by dynamically routing workloads to best available resources.
IBM Tivoli Dynamic Workload Broker also automatically discovers newly added servers to the scheduling infrastructure and incorporates them into the pool of possible job targets. Add IBM Tivoli Dynamic Workload Broker to IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler to help optimize workloads across your IT infrastructure dynamically.
Tivoli Dynamic Workload Broker is powered by Eclipse technology. Eclipse is an award-winning, open source platform for the construction of powerful software development tools and rich desktop applications. Leveraging the Eclipse plug-in framework to integrate technology on the desktop saves technology providers time and money by enabling them to focus their efforts on delivering differentiation and value for their offerings.