Defensible disposal helps reduce information costs and legal risks
IBM® Disposal and Governance Management for IT helps you defensibly dispose of data, link legal obligations to information assets, and reduce the cost and burden of eDiscovery. It enables you to monitor legal compliance risk and cost, help reduce storage growth and manage data by its value. IBM Disposal and Governance Management for IT helps you confidently and defensibly retire applications and dispose of data.
Disposal and Governance Management for IT:
- Allows you to simplify data inventory management with a flexible classification structure.
- Provides a governance console to help you reduce costs, lower risk and more effectively manage records retention.
- Manages asset inventory and supports workflows to help you improve IT systems management.
- Is part of the IBM Defensible Disposal Solution, which also includes IBM Atlas eDiscovery Process Management and IBM Global Retention Policy and Schedule Management.
Allows you to simplify data inventory management
- Catalogs data sources and assets by class, geography, organization, data capabilities, security and discovery attributes.
- Works with a shared data source catalog to promote transparency throughout an organization.
- Covers various information sources, both electronic and physical.
- Makes it easier to keep the data inventory current by providing cross-enterprise workflows, which identify gaps or changes in the data information.
Provides a governance console
- Determine which systems have the highest cost and risk profiles, and sort them by regulatory and discovery loads.
- Identify high-risk systems without governance capabilities.
- View data sources by use in the records retention program, business unit or hold obligation.
- See the names of IT staff responsible for each system.
- View which records are stored by data source.
Manages asset inventory
- Capture, track and compare systems and system attribute changes over time.
- Distribute mapping responsibility with workflow, approval and review processes.
- Make additions to data sources with interactive IT workflow.
- Use maker and checker workflows.
Is part of the IBM Defensible Disposal Solution
- The three software products in the IBM Defensible Disposal Solution enable IT to defensibly dispose of unstructured and structured data, reduce storage growth and manage data by its value.
- These products help IT gain transparency into legal and business obligations and policies for data stored in a shared data source catalog.
- You can automatically apply retention schedules and legal holds on data to consistently dispose of unnecessary data.
- Atlas IT eDiscovery Process Management makes it easier for IT to manage compliance and data. It automates communication of discovery requirements and facts between IT and legal staff.
- Global Retention Policy and Schedule Management is a single, cohesive retention management system. It provides natively integrated workflows and analytics for information governance stakeholders.
Disposal and Governance Management for IT