Availability, reliability and security at the lowest cost per transaction
IBM® DB2® 10 for z/OS is an advanced database server with data warehousing, transaction and analytics capabilities. The high-performance system provides faster response time through process optimization and cost savings through reduced CPU utilization. DB2 for z/OS can ensure total system availability, reliability and security at the lowest cost per transaction.
DB2 10 for z/OS can provide:
- Lowest cost platform per user: Reduces the processing time to complete required tasks. You can achieve CPU savings of up to 5 to 10 percent for traditional workloads and up to 40 percent for specific workloads.
- Scalability: Supports from 5 to 10 more concurrent users per single DB2 subsystem. Improved virtual storage delivers up to 10 times more scalability.
- Time Travel Query: Provides integrated bi-temporal capabilities built directly into the database.
- Rapid deployment for business growth: Delivers capabilities to consolidate applications and data warehouses with less complexity and fewer resources.
- Security and compliance: Includes built-in security and trace features, as well as end-to-end auditing capabilities to help you meet compliance requirements.
- Business analytics and data visualization with QMF: Provides analytic and mathematical functions and OLAP support to enhance business intelligence and analytics.
DB2 10 for z/OS resources