A scalable, high-performance database for small and mid-size businesses
IBM® DB2® Workgroup Server Edition is a high-performance database for managing relational data. The solution is designed for departments, workgroups and small or mid-size businesses. It provides robust data management, high availability, autonomic functions and security features. The solution helps ensure greater runtime performance, reliability and lower total cost of ownership.
DB2 Workgroup Server Edition offers these features and benefits:
- Improves application performance.
- Delivers high availability and disaster recovery capabilities.
- Provides a secure, flexible environment.
- Interfaces with a variety of data more efficiently.
- Improves productivity and reduces administration efforts.
Improves application performance
- Supports continuous data ingest from multiple sources to help enable reliable decision making in near real time.
- Provides multidimensional clustering (MDC) to continuously and automatically cluster table data in multiple dimensions. This improves query performance by reducing I/O requirements.
- Includes multiple-temperature data management to place hot data on the fastest, more expensive solid state disks (SSDs) and place other data on less expensive storage systems.
Delivers high availability and disaster recovery capabilities
- Provides high availability disaster recovery (HADR) for partial and complete site failures. Protects against data loss by replicating data changes from a source database.
- Leverages DB2 pureScale* capability for always-available transactions. When coupled with HADR, it further mitigates the impact of unplanned outages.
- Contains advanced workload management to optimize the handling of mixed workloads and random inputs and outputs.
Provides a secure, flexible environment
- Helps simplify the management of enterprise data applications projects, while providing advanced security and encryption.
Interfaces with a variety of data more efficiently
- Provides NoSQL, pureXML, Graph Store and JSON support to help increase agility, integration and faster deployment of new applications.
Improves productivity and reduces administration efforts
- Includes IBM Data Server Manager to help you administer, monitor, manage and optimize the performance of IBM data management platforms.
- Offers IBM Data Studio, a collaborative tool to streamline database development and simplify administration.
- Offers SQL compatibility features to help reduce the cost and risk of migrating legacy Oracle database applications to DB2.
*The support for the DB2 Workgroup Server Edition and DB2 Enterprise Server Edition on pureScale is only for one primary server and one standby server. The standby server can only be used to perform administrative tasks, or be ready to take over from the primary server in the event of a planned or unplanned outages.
IBM DB2 Workgroup Server Edition