The IBM DB2 for z/OS DB2 Utilities Suite is at the core of managing DB2 for z/OS. The utilities help you to minimize downtime associated with routine DB2 data maintenance while ensuring the highest degree of data integrity. Several key elements can be found in each and every release of the DB2 utilities:
- Supporting core function in DB2 for z/OS. The utilities are critically important to customers from early testing of new versions of DB2, day one support of DB2 for z/OS, and on-going DB2 maintenance that requires the utilities to respond quickly and accurately.
- Reducing system resources. Each release of the DB2 utilities delivers significant savings in CPU usage and other system costs, as well as reductions in elapsed time.
- Providing global and non-stop availability. This requires more than support for online utility processing. There is a need to support performance and administrative tasks that require no application outage.
- Removing constraints and limitations. As the size and complexity of your databases grow, so does the need to simplify database management and remove scalability constraints to support the growth of your business.
- Simplify data management. As new features are added into the engine, the utilities help to remove the complexity and details, while maintaining availability and protecting data integrity.