IBM® Db2® Sort for z/OS® provides high-speed sort processing for data stored in Db2 for z/OS.
Db2 Sort leverages the strengths of the IBM System z® platform, IBM Db2 for z/OS and the IBM Db2 Utilities Suite to drive:
- Significant savings in elapsed time and CPU during utility sort processing, especially LOAD, REORG, and REBUILD INDEX.
- Relief from application constraints of large volumes of data in highly-transactional workload performing numerous insert, update and delete operations.
- Increased application availability by reducing the batch window for utility maintenance.
- Performance benefits extended to other Db2 Tools and Utilities such as Db2 High Performance Unload for z/OS, Db2 Utilities Enhancement Tool for z/OS, Db2 Recovery Expert for z/OS, Db2 Log Analysis Tool and Db2 Change Accumulation Tool.
- Sophisticated disk allocation capabilities to reduce sort capacity exceeded errors caused by large data volumes and/or inaccurate statistics
- What's New in Db2 Sort v1.3? Further reductions in CPU and elasped time have been enhanced with multi-record processing. This reduces the overhead between Db2 Sort and the tools that take advantage of Db2 Sort. This feature also provides greater zIIP offload. Native I/O is supported to allow Db2 Sort to read SORTIN and write SORTOUT. This features reduces CPU and elapsed time by reducing data movement.
- Continued commitment from IBM to deliver Db2 solutions to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Program Number: 5655-W42
- Operating systems supported: z/OS