Breakthrough backup efficiencies that shorten recovery times
Save time, and improve the speed and efficiency of your backup processes.
IBM DB2 Merge Backup for Linux, UNIX and Windows minimizes the impact for backups and shortens recovery times on production servers. With incremental backup and restore support for pureScale as well, Merge Backup helps ensure full current backups are available and can be restored as quickly as possible.
- Meet Service Level Agreements (SLA) with efficient database backups and faster methods for recovery.
- Empower your DBAs to become much more efficient at managing their workload and time and focus on higher value tasks and critical business needs.
- Accelerate Savings through increased availability to your data with less time spent on expensive backup process and less expensive hardware required for storing multiple full backups.
Meet Service Level Agreements
- Merge incremental and delta backups with the latest full backup to create a new, more current full backup.
- Help ensure a thorough, accurate DB2 backup even as data volumes increase.
- Perform backup processes with minimal impact on production systems to support business objectives.
- Create a backup and recovery strategy that helps meet service-level agreements (SLAs) for accuracy and responsiveness.
- Develop a scalable approach for responding to unplanned service interruptions.
- Provide fast access to historical information so IT staff can quickly pinpoint when corruption occurs and safely correct data errors before they compound into costly business mistakes.
Empower your DBAs
- Restore mission critical data in less time allowing DBAs to focus on meeting other critical business needs.
- Accommodate customized backup and restore environments with additional merge features.
- Allow DBAs to perform higher value tasks and projects due to less application and system downtime.
Accelerate Savings through increased availability to your data
- Combine incremental and delta backups with the latest full backup to create a new full and current backup; this means you do not have to take regular full backups.
- Use DB2 database history to determine which backups to merge; the identified backups are used to build a new full backup that contains relevant information from the source backups.
- Create backups with the same information as a DB2 full backup that can be used instead of the last incremental backup.
- Simplify and shorten recovery time for column-organized tables as well.
- Save on expensive hardware required to store multiple full backups; it even saves you money because the time spent on expensive backup process is reduced, thus freeing up your DBA’s time for other mission critical work.
Languages supported: English, French, Russian, Korean, Spanish, German, Hungarian, Czech, Italian, Polish, Chinese – Traditional, Chinese – Simplified and Portuguese – Brazilian.
DB2 Merge Backup for Linux UNIX and Windows resources