IBM Db2 Cloning Tool for z/OS provides a faster, simpler cloning solution to improve performance and reduce total cost.
Db2 Cloning Tool automates the cloning process to provide usable Db2 clones within minutes, boosting efficiency and freeing up DBA time.
- Quickly clones Db2 subsystems, Db2 table spaces, or index spaces to create up-to-date test environments
- Automates the cloning process to provide usable Db2 clones within minutes
- Clones a Db2 subsystem by renaming and cataloging the data sets, fixing the volume internals, and updating the Db2 internal control information
- Fast copy technology quickly copies Db2 data sets within a subsystem or to a different subsystem
- IBM Db2 Cloning Tool for z/OS automates the cloning process using any volume level technology, such as FlashCopy, to clone Db2 subsystems and any data set copy technology, such as FlashCopy, to clone table and index spaces and automatically translates the object IDs to simplify and automate the refresh of data
- An ISPF interface is provided for both volume and table space cloning