Unlimited host connectivity for large multitier client/server and web applications
IBM Db2 Connect Unlimited Edition for System z integrates enterprise data with client/server, web, mobile and service-oriented architecture (SOA) applications. The solution delivers unified application development, integrated data and pervasive data functionality to distributed system users. It includes IBM Data Studio, which can significantly improve the way databases are developed, tested and deployed. System z customers can deploy unlimited licensing once, and grow their distributed environment without having to worry about the increase in the number of users or application servers.
IBM Db2 Connect Unlimited Edition for System z helps you:
- Access your information no matter where it is stored—consolidate access and gain connectivity from a variety of desktop systems. You also benefit from application enablement and a highly scalable communications infrastructure.
- Speed application development, impact analysis and problem resolution—using IBM Data Studio, Java application developers can achieve up to 50 percent productivity improvement.
- Optimize performance of new or existing applications—provide development tuning for web-enabled System z functionality and accelerate performance of Java and .NET applications.
- Reduce costs—with unlimited licensing, and reduce administration costs with autonomic administration features and lower CPU consumption.
Access your information no matter where it is stored
- Get a comprehensive connectivity from a variety of desktop systems including workgroup, departmental and LAN-based systems to z Systems.
- Gain application enablement and a highly scalable communications infrastructure for connecting web, Microsoft Windows, UNIX, Linux and mobile applications to data in organizations that have made Db2 on IBM eServer zSeries servers the cornerstone of their on-demand business solution.
- Offer web-enabling functions so Internet or intranet users can access the host through the gateway.
- Support applications that need support for Java applets and transaction processing monitors, including IBM CICS, Encina, Microsoft Transaction Server and IBM WebSphere MQ.
Speed application development, impact analysis and problem resolution
- Gain enterprise-class development tool for web-enabled System z functionality with Data Studio. You can speed data access development, optimize performance and diagnose performance bottlenecks.
- Benefit from contextual assistance for defining and debugging data routines.
- Create web services faster with drag-and-drop features. And, customize a data access layer quickly and easily using Java objects, JSON or XML.
- Visualize the impact of database changes using Data Studio. When you want to provision test data, you can immediately visualize privacy policies associated with source data.
- Enable rapid application development using dominant application frameworks including Microsoft .NET, J2EE or SOA, and programming in Java, Visual Basic .NET, C#, PHP, C or C++, Db2 add-ins for Visual Studio .NET, and industry-standard application programming interfaces (APIs) including ADO.NET, ODBC, OLE DB, Db2 CLI, JDBC, SQLJ and Embedded SQL.
Optimize performance of new and existing applications
- Manage large-scale environments with features such as mobility on demand, federated database support, server-based monitoring or connection concentrator, and associated load-balancing and fail-over support.
- Aid developers capture and visualize potential query hotspots to identify which queries are executed most frequently or take the most time using IBM InfoSphere Optim Query Workload Tuner. InfoSphere Optim Query Workload Tuner provides expert recommendations to help tune queries for optimal performance.
- Decrease the time required to administer and tune your database system with autonomic features, which include adaptive self-tuning memory allocation and object maintenance policy wizards for Db2 for z/OS.
- Save time with non-administrator installation on Windows, response file installation enhancements, and support for coexistence of multiple copies of the Db2 database system. Your IT staff can spend more time supporting your business needs instead of installing and deploying database systems.
- Lower costs with unlimited license; the licensing is based on the number of production Db2 subsystems or production Db2 data sharing groups, and the capacity available to production and nonproduction Db2 for z/OS data servers (measured in MSUs). It is not affected by the number of processors available to Db2 Connect, the number of users, or the number of processors available to application servers where the application is running. Db2 Connect Unlimited Edition for System z is an ideal choice for organizations where multiple applications are using Db2 Connect, or organizations with a mix of two-tier, multitier client/server, and web-based applications.
- Latest Announcement Letter
IBM Db2 Connect 10.5 for Linux , UNIX , and Windows improves connectivity, application deployment, high availability, and security features