Access your enterprise information—no matter where it is stored
IBM DB2 Connect Unlimited Advanced Edition for System z can help organizations that use DB2 Connect extensively, especially where multiple applications are involved. It provides DB2 Connect Personal Edition program code along with program code that is identical to the DB2 Connect Application Server Advanced Edition for unlimited deployment throughout an organization. It includes IBM Data Studio and the InfoSphere Optim pureQuery Runtime environment, which can significantly improve the way databases are developed, tested and deployed.
DB2 Connect Unlimited Advanced Edition for System z can help your organization:
- Optimize performance of new or existing applications—with development tuning for web-enabled mainframe functionality and accelerated performance of Java and .NET applications.
- Boost SQL performance—and support your efforts to mitigate the risk of SQL injection for your DB2 applications. Using IBM pureQuery technology, you can optimize SQL, improve security and speed problem resolution.
- Control costs—by offering cost-effective licensing terms, making it a good choice for organizations where multiple applications are running DB2 Connect. It also helps you reduce administration costs with autonomic administration features and advances in performance, manageability and installation.
Optimize performance of new and existing applications
- DB2 Connect Unlimited Advanced Edition for System z includes the IBM Data Studio, which provides enterprise-class development tooling for web-enabled mainframe functionality. You can now speed data access development, optimize performance and diagnose performance bottlenecks.
- With the IBM InfoSphere Optim Query Tuner, you can capture and visualize potential query hotspots to identify which queries are executed most frequently or take the most time. InfoSphere Optim Query Tuner provides expert recommendations to help tune queries for optimal performance.
- The InfoSphere Optim pureQuery Runtime provides a runtime environment and application programming interface (API) that enhances the performance of existing in-house database client applications written using Java, C or .NET. This high-performance data access platform helps with rapid development and deployment of new applications, and optimizes database applications and services.
- You can manage large-scale environments with features such as mobility on demand, federated database support, server-based monitoring or connection concentrator, and associated load-balancing and fail-over support.
Boost SQL performance
- The pureQuery technology lets you capture, review, share, and optimize SQL. You can replace poorly performing SQL with optimized SQL without changing the application.
- By converting DB2 dynamic SQL to static SQL, pureQuery can help reduce CPU consumption, provide better manageability and enforce tighter security. You can use Static SQL without changes to the development environment.
- The pureQuery technology can prevent SQL injection by restricting the SQL executed by a specific application to an approved set of SQL statements.
- You can display performance metrics within IBM Data Studio to identify SQL hot spots. You can trace problem SQL back to its source code for faster problem isolation.
- You can use Data Studio to visualize the impact of database changes. In addition, key performance metrics and correlation metadata can be captured and displayed within Data Studio.
- DB2 Connect Unlimited Advanced Edition license fees are based one host license for the DB2 for z/OS server, plus the size of the DB2 for z/OS server as measured in MSUs.
- License fees are not affected by the number of processors available to the DB2 Connect servers or the number of processors available on the machines where the application is running.
- This makes DB2 Connect Unlimited Advanced Edition a good choice for organizations where multiple applications are using DB2 Connect, or organizations with a mix of two-tier, multitier client/server, web-based and mobile applications.
- Time-saving features include non-administrator installation on Windows, response file installation enhancements, and support for coexistence of multiple copies of the DB2 database system. Now your IT staff can spend more time supporting your business needs instead of installing and deploying database systems.
- Autonomic features include adaptive self-tuning memory allocation and object maintenance policy wizards for DB2 for z/OS. They reduce the time required to administer and tune your database system.
DB2 Connect Unlimited Advanced Edition for System z
- Database administration
- DB2 Advanced Recovery Feature
- DB2 Connect Application Server Edition
- DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition
- DB2 Connect Personal Edition
- DB2 Connect Unlimited Advanced Edition for System z
- DB2 Connect Unlimited Edition for System i
- DB2 Connect Unlimited Edition for System z
- DB2 Merge Backup for Linux UNIX and Windows
- DB2 Performance Solution Pack for z/OS
- DB2 Query Patroller
- DB2 Recovery Expert for Linux, UNIX and Windows
- IBM Data Studio
- IBM Smart Analytics Optimizer for DB2 for z/OS
- IMS Cloning Tool for z/OS
- IMS Enterprise Suite SOAP Gateway
- IMS Enterprise Suite Explorer
- IMS Tools
- Informix Express Edition
- Informix Tools
- InfoSphere Optim Archive
- InfoSphere Optim Data Privacy
- InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management
- InfoSphere Optim pureQuery Runtime for Linux, UNIX and Windows
- InfoSphere Optim pureQuery Runtime for z/OS
- InfoSphere Optim Query Capture and Replay for DB2 on z/OS
- Optim Data Growth Solution for Amdocs CRM
- Optim Data Growth Solution for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Optim Data Growth Solution for Oracle E-Business Suite
- Optim Data Growth Solution for PeopleSoft Enterprise
- Optim Data Growth Solution for Siebel Customer Relationship Management
- Optim Data Growth Solution for z/OS
- Optim Database Relationship Analyzer
- Optim Development Studio
- Optim Move for DB2