Making host data available to large multitier and web applications
IBM® DB2 Connect™ Application Server Edition makes your host data available to large multitier and web applications. It is designed for multitier client/server or web applications that require access to IBM DB2® data on IBM System z® or IBM System i® platforms.
DB2 Connect Application Server Edition offers:
- Cost-effective licensing terms—it also includes IBM Data Studio at no extra charge.
- Advanced functionality—designed for large-scale, demanding environments.
Cost-effective licensing terms
- License charges are based on size or number of Processor Value Units available to the application servers where the application is running.
- It can be a cost-effective choice for organizations with a limited number of application servers that connect to large servers.
- License charges are not affected by the number of application users, size of the DB2 Connect server or the size of the System z or System i database server.
- Data Studio is packaged with DB2 Connect Application Server Edition at no extra charge. It provides developers and database administrators with basic DB2 and IBM Informix® database management and development capabilities.
- Includes functions such as mobility on demand, federated database support, server-based monitoring or connection concentrator.
- Provides associated load-balancing and failover support.