An enterprise database solution for transactional and analytic workloads
IBM® DB2® Advanced Enterprise Server Edition provides a comprehensive database solution for the enterprise. The solution offers data warehousing, transactional and analytics capabilities in one package. It provides advanced features for storage optimization, in-memory computing, reliable system availability, and workload management tools. The solution also helps ensure high performance, actionable insight, continuous availability and reliability, at lower cost.
DB2 Advanced Enterprise Server Edition offers these features and benefits:
- Improves application performance and analytics for faster decisions.
- Delivers high availability and disaster recovery capabilities.
- Provides a secure, flexible environment.
- Interfaces with a variety of data more efficiently.
- Improves productivity and reduces administration efforts.
Improves application performance and analytics for faster decisions
- Incorporates in-memory columnar technology as well as parallel vector processing, data compression and data skipping for faster insight without the limitations of in-memory-only systems.
- Offers database partitioning to deliver massively parallel processing using multiple partitions and servers, which is ideal for warehousing workloads.
- Uses adaptive compression technology, to reduce the need for table reorganization and data maintenance, which can improve performance and reduce costs.
- Supports continuous data ingest from multiple sources to help enable reliable decision making in near real time.
Delivers high availability and disaster recovery capabilities
- Provides high availability disaster recovery (HADR) for partial and complete site failures. Protects against data loss by replicating data changes from a source database.
- Leverages DB2 pureScale capability for always-available transactions. When coupled with HADR, it further mitigates the impact of unplanned outages.
- Contains advanced workload management to optimize the handling of mixed workloads and random inputs and outputs.
Provides a secure, flexible environment
- Helps simplify the management of enterprise data applications and warehousing projects, while providing advanced security and encryption.
Interfaces with a variety of data more efficiently
- Provides NoSQL, pureXML, Graph Store and JSON support to help increase agility, integration and faster deployment of new applications.
Improves productivity and reduces administration efforts
- Includes IBM Data Server Manager to help you administer, monitor, manage and optimize the performance of IBM data management platforms.
- Offers IBM Data Studio, a collaborative tool to streamline database development and simplify administration.
- Includes IBM InfoSphere Data Architect, a collaborative data design tool that can discover, model, visualize, relate and standardize diverse and distributed data assets.
- Offers SQL compatibility features to help reduce the cost and risk of migrating legacy Oracle database applications to DB2.