Modernize your DB2 utility management
IBM® DB2® Utilities Solution Pack for z/OS® combines advanced DB2 tools that enable you to more efficiently execute and manage DB2 utilities. It also helps to optimize the performance and resource utilization when running utilities. Using the solution, you can obtain the highest degree of DB2 utility performance, availability and flexibility while lowering your overall operational costs.
The DB2 Utilities Solution Pack for z/OS is comprised of the following capabilities:
- Autonomic capabilities that help you determine optimal control and execution of your DB2 utilities to fit your business availability needs.
- Takes advantage of Data Server Manager. From a simple, web-based, graphical console, you can manage the overall health of your assets, prevent problems or quickly perform corrective actions to avoid downtime or missed performance objectives.
- High-speed utility sort processing for data stored in DB2 for z/OS databases. Reduces CPU and elapsed time and provides more zIIP offload, which can offer significant cost savings in terms of system resources.
- Set up of re-occurring DB2 utility jobs for conditional and routine maintenance tasks.
- Control of your DB2 utilities environment. Allows you to establish and maintain utility policies that you can audit and set at a company-wide level.
- A simple-self-managing recovery solution that guarantees recovery objectives can be met with the least amount of disruption
- Intelligent analysis and automated rebuild of altered, incorrect, or missing database assets, including table spaces, tables, indexes and data
- Authorization to run DB2 Utilities Suite in all supported DB2 for z/OS environments