Meets all your DB2 for z/OS performance and management requirements
IBM® DB2 Management Solution Pack is a comprehensive set of IBM DB2 Tools to implement best practices for administering and optimizing DB2 for z/OS environments. Components meet customer’s needs for utilities, administration, and performance for DB2 for z/OS environments and applications.
The DB2 Management Solution Pack:
- Ability to more efficiently execute and manage IBM DB2 utilities
- Integrated performance management for DB2 for z/OS
- Manage the complexity, growth and change of your DB2 for z/OS assets throughout the application lifecycle
Efficiently manage IBM DB2 Utilities
- Significant reductions in elapsed time and processor usage and increased zIIP offload during utility operations, reducing overall use of system resources
- High-speed facilities for unloading DB2 tables from either a table space or from an image copy.
- Autonomic capability for DB2 Utilities.
- Utility syntax monitor to establish company-wide procedures and assist with auditing
- Message monitor, allowing customization of DB2 utility return codes to meet DB2 application needs
Integrated performance management
- Comprehensive system and SQL performance monitoring to identify performance issues.
- Ability to iteratively explore “What if” scenarios to quickly evaluate potential changes to SQL syntax.
- Monitoring and tuning capabilities to assist in optimizing the use of DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS
- Flexibility to use 3270 or web-based interfaces depending on user preferences and needs
Manage DB2 objects
- Implement complex data changes and migrations across multiple DB2 for z/OS environments.
- Ability to administer the DB2 Analytics Accelerator environment through interactive 3720 interface or in batch
- Build and maintain inventory of DB2 for z/OS data servers and clients, and manage their configurations through a centralized tool