Improve availability with cost-effective copy, backup and recovery operations
IBM® DB2® Fast Copy Solution Pack for z/OS® is a set of compatible IBM components that can quickly and efficiently back up, clone and recover DB2 subsystems or DB2 objects on an enterprise scale. It offers tools to help ensure highly available and fully recoverable DB2 environments. It modernizes your data movement techniques while reducing system costs and accelerating your time-to-market of key DB2 applications, such as SAP.
DB2 Fast Copy Solution Pack for z/OS includes:
- IBM DB2 Cloning Tool for z/OS simplifies, automates, and accelerates DB2 system cloning and table space refresh operations.
- IBM DB2 Recovery Expert for z/OS is a backup and recovery insurance policy for your critical data assets. It provides cost-based recovery options from an unwanted application change to disaster recovery and everything in between.
- Ability to work with fast-replication storage technology from multiple vendors that will virtually eliminate CPU costs and provide high availability.
IBM DB2 Cloning Tool for z/OS
- Creates and maintains multiple operational environments for use in testing, migration or data refresh operations in a data warehousing environment.
- Makes fully operational clones of entire DB2 subsystems, DB2 table spaces or index spaces.
IBM DB2 Recovery Expert for z/OS
- Provides high availability backup and recovery capabilities that can handle a range of issues, ranging from backouts from application errors to disaster recovery.
- Offers insurance to meet varying recovery objectives with confidence.
Ability to work with fast-replication storage technology
- Supports fast-replication storage technology through both IBM DB2 Cloning Tool for z/OS and IBM DB2 Recovery Expert for z/OS.
DB2 Fast Copy Solution Pack for z/OS resources