DB2 Change Accumulation Tool provides the fastest recovery of database objects and most current data for recovery processes.
DB2 Change Accumulation Tool helps DB2 administrators minimize data recovery time by efficiently keeping current and consistent data images more readily available.
- Enables you to select whether changes are written to image copies, VSAM files, or both.
- Allows you to create one to four image copies per existing image copy, which supports the simultaneous creation of LP/LB and RP/RB image copies.
- Offers mini-logs that can be applied to an existing image copy or directly to a table space; you can select mini-log or image copy creation.
- Offers a mini-log control table (MCT) maintenance function that enables you to selectively delete rows from the MCT based on criteria, such as database, table space, index space, partition, date, and age.
- DB2 Change Accumulation Tool supports the customization process with the IBM Tools Customizer for z/OS. It can also take advantage of DB2 Sort v1.3. New Automated OBID translation processing has been added when writing data from one object to another. You have the ability to process indexes simultaneously with table space to avoid running the REBUILD INDEX utility. Support has also been added for FlashCopy image copies to be used as input in creating new tranactionally consistent image copies.
- Program number: 5697-P45