Secure, integrate and optimize access across channels with purpose-built gateways
IBM® DataPower® Gateway is a purpose-built security and integration platform for mobile, cloud, application programming interface (API), web, service-oriented architecture (SOA) and B2B workloads. It enables you to rapidly expand the scope of valuable IT assets to new channels and use cases and reach customers, partners and employees. It helps quickly secure, integrate, control and optimize access to a range of workloads through a single, extensible, DMZ-ready gateway.
IBM DataPower Gateway is available in both physical and virtual form factors.
IBM DataPower Gateway offers:
- Single multi-channel gateway platform to secure, integrate, control and optimize delivery of workloads across channels including mobile, API, web, SOA, B2B and cloud—plus integration with IBM MobileFirst and WebSphere® platforms.
- Converged policy enforcement and advanced security that allows a single entry point to protect access and utilize consistent security policies across business channels and help reduce operating costs and improve security.
- Rapid security-enhanced integration, control and acceleration to quickly and efficiently support business needs, while providing centralized control and reducing infrastructure complexity.
- Configuration-driven policy creation and flexible user experience that helps reduce time to market and improve productivity and scale expertise.
- Purpose-built, DMZ-ready and extensible platform that enables business agility, physical security, drop-in deployment and simplified management, lowering total cost of ownership.
Single multi-channel gateway
- Enables a mobile gateway for secure, integrated, controlled, and optimized access to web, native, and hybrid mobile applications, which include those that were developed for IBM MobileFirst and IBM Worklight® platforms.
- Offers a highly secure API gateway that is a required component of the IBM API Management solution, providing threat protection, security enforcement, service level agreement enforcement, rate limiting, assembly from existing assets, intelligent load balancing and response caching for REST and SOAP APIs.
- Enables deployment as a cloud gateway to help protect, secure and optimize a wide variety of private, public and hybrid cloud applications and services.
- Delivers REST, ESB and SOA gateway solution to rapidly connect and securely expose backend systems applications as consumable services to a wide range of consumers by enabling centralized security enforcement, service management and governance, mediation, transformation and XML/JSON acceleration.
- Provides a B2B gateway for centralized trading partner connectivity and transaction management with secure entry point in the DMZ—supporting B2B protocol policy enforcement, access control, message filtering, data security, non-repudiation and trading partner management for B2B governance with B2B patterns for EDIINT AS1, AS2, AS3, ebMS v2.0, SMTP/POP3 and more.
Converged policy enforcement and advanced security
- Provides IBM Security Access Manager (ISAM) access enforcement features integrated into the DataPower platform with its inherent capabilities for message and platform security, integration, traffic control, and optimization enables use of a single security gateway to help protect and securely integrate mobile applications, APIs, web applications and portals, SOA environments and B2B applications.
- Offers highly scalable reverse proxy for traditional web access management security with web single sign-on, session management and access policy enforcement for multi-factor authentication.
- Provides an integrated enforcement point for context-based access policies of IBM Security Access Manager for Mobile.
- Supports a wide variety of security protocols and standards including OAuth, SAML, XACML, WS-Security, WS-Policy, WS-SecurityPolicy, Kerberos, SPNEGO, LTPA and others.
Rapid security-enhanced integration, control and acceleration
- Provides high speed any-to-any message transformation, transport protocol bridging, database connectivity, mainframe connectivity and content based routing to quickly and securely connect service consumers to providers.
- Enables traffic control including flexible rate limiting and service level agreement (SLA) enforcement, and provides centralized service governance plus SLA management through integration with IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository.
- Supports self-balancing across a cluster of gateway to reduce number of infrastructure hops plus enables acceleration of traffic delivery through intelligent load distribution and user configured content caching.
- Delivers front-end gateway for IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS) with embedded On Demand Router (ODR) that provides intelligent routing and load balancing, based on dynamic, real-time topology, application and workload information, to WAS Network Deployment environments and stack products including IBM Worklight Server, IBM WebSphere Portal Server, IBM WebSphere Commerce and others.
Configuration-driven policy creation and flexible user experience
- Helps speed time to market while simplifying deployment with configuration-driven, rather than code-driven, policy creation using intuitive multistage pipeline processing to secure, integrate, control and optimize.
- Enables fast time to value, improved developer productivity and scaling of expertise using ready-to-use configuration patterns for easy deployment and a built-in tool to create and deploy common configuration patterns.
Purpose-built, DMZ-ready and extensible platform
- Uses an extensible and modular architecture to offer a rich set of functionality in a single platform that allows for secure and easy addition of functionality in the form of licensable software modules at any time to support changing and growing business needs.
- Built on the latest generation hardware platform to provide increased physical security, performance and capacity.
- Provides a purpose-built 2U high density rack mount design that delivers a hardened platform with security features, including an intrusion detection switch and trusted platform module.
- Includes a hardware cryptography accelerator card to improve performance of transport, secure sockets layer (SSL) or transport layer security (TLS) and message level security processing.
- Offers optional embedded Hardware Security Module (HSM) for enhanced protection of cryptographic keys that is Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 Level 3 certified.
IBM DataPower Gateway resources
Singular security and integration gateway for a range of workloads
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Not available for purchase online.