Secure, integrate and optimize access across multiple channels with purpose-built gateways
IBM® DataPower® Gateway is a purpose-built security and integration platform for mobile, cloud, application programming interface (API), web, service-oriented architecture (SOA), B2B and cloud workloads.
IBM DataPower Gateway enables you to rapidly expand the scope of valuable IT assets to new channels – giving customers, employees and partners access to critical resources. It helps to more quickly secure, integrate, control and optimize access to a range of workloads through a single, extensible gateway platform.
IBM DataPower Gateway is available in both physical and virtual form factors. The latest IBM DataPower Gateway V7.5 delivers increased mobile and API security, deployment on new cloud and Docker platforms, and an updated modernized user experience.
IBM DataPower Gateway features:
- A single multi-channel gateway platform to secure, integrate, control and optimize delivery of workloads across multiple channels including: mobile, API, web, SOA, B2B and cloud. Additionally, it integrates with IBM MobileFirst™ Platform, IBM Security Access Manager and IBM WebSphere® platforms.
- Converged policy enforcement and advanced security that allows a single entry point to protect and use consistent security policies across business channels – reducing operating costs and improving security.
- Configuration-driven policy creation and flexible user experience to help reduce time to market, improve productivity and scale expertise.
- A purpose-built, DMZ-ready and extensible platform that enables business agility, physical security, drop-in deployment and simplified management – lowering total cost of ownership.
A single multi-channel gateway platform
- Provides a mobile gateway solution to secure, integrate, control and optimize access to web, native and hybrid mobile applications – including those developed for IBM MobileFirst platforms.
- Offers a highly secure API gateway that is a component of the IBM API Management solution. IBM DataPower Gateway provides threat protection, security enforcement, service level agreement enforcement, rate limiting, assembly from existing assets, intelligent load balancing and response caching for REST and SOAP APIs.
- Delivers an SOA and B2B gateway solution to rapidly connect and securely expose backend systems as consumable services to a variety of audiences. It enables centralized security enforcement, service management and governance, mediation, transformation and XML/JSON acceleration.
Converged policy enforcement and advanced security
- Offers highly scalable reverse proxy for traditional web access management security and protection of mobile applications using context-based access policies from ISAM for Mobile – with single sign-on, advance session management, identity assurance and multi-factor access policy enforcement.
- Provides high speed any-to-any message transformation, transport protocol bridging, database connectivity, mainframe connectivity and content-based routing to quickly and securely connect service consumers to providers.
- Enables traffic control – including flexible rate limiting and service level agreement (SLA) enforcement. It provides centralized service governance and SLA management through integration with IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository or IBM API Management.
Configuration-driven policy creation and flexible user experience
- Helps speed time to market while simplifying deployment with configuration-driven – rather than code-driven – policy creation. It uses intuitive multistage pipeline processing to secure, integrate, control and optimize workloads.
- Enables fast time to value, improved developer productivity and scaling of expertise. It provides ready-to-use configuration patterns for easy deployment and a built-in tool to create and deploy common configuration patterns.
A purpose-built, DMZ-ready and extensible platform
- Uses a flexible architecture to offer a rich set of functionality in a single platform. Licensable software modules can be added as business needs change.
- Provides a purpose-built 2U high density rack mount design that delivers a hardened platform with security features. It includes an intrusion detection switch and a trusted platform module.
- Includes a hardware cryptography accelerator card to improve performance of transport layer security (TLS) and message level security processing.