Federated discovery, navigation and search
Watch Ash Kanagat, of Verizon, describe how his organization takes advantage of InfoSphere Data Explorer's unique capabilities to bring a wide variety of assets to the desktops of its 30,000 contact center agents, enabling them to help customers more quickly and efficiently.
IBM® InfoSphere® Data Explorer is software that provides federated discovery, navigation and search over a broad range of data sources and types, both inside and outside your enterprise, to help users of all kinds find and share information more easily and to help organizations launch big data initiatives more quickly. In addition to the core indexing, discovery, navigation and search engine the software includes a framework for developing information-rich applications that deliver a comprehensive, contextually-relevant view of any topic for business users, data scientists and a variety of targeted business functions.
InfoSphere Data Explorer provides these features and benefits:
- Secure, federated discovery, navigation and search over a broad range of applications, data sources and data formats
- Rapid development and deployment framework to enable creation of information-rich applications that deliver a comprehensive view of any topic
- Distributed, highly scalable architecture to support large-scale deployments and big data projects.
- Flexible data fusion capabilities to enable presentation of information from multiple sources
- Collaboration features to support information-sharing and improved re-use of information throughout the enterprise
Secure, federated navigation, discovery and search
- Provides access to data stored a wide variety of applications and data sources, both inside and outside the enterprise, including: content management, customer relationship management, supply chain management, email, relational database management systems, web pages, networked file systems, data warehouses, Hadoop-based data stores, columnar databases, cloud and external web services
- Includes federated access to non-indexed systems such as premium information services, supplier or partner portals and legacy applications through the InfoSphere Data Explorer Query Routing feature
- Relevance model accommodates diverse document sizes and formats while delivering more consistent search and navigation results. Relevance parameters can be tuned by the system administrator
- Security framework provides user authentication and observes and enforces the access permissions of each item at the document, section, row and field level to ensure that users can only view information they are authorized to view in the source systems
- Provides rich analytics and natural language processing capabilities such as clustering, categorization, entity and metadata extraction, faceted navigation, conceptual search, name matching and document de-duplication
Rapid development and deployment framework
- InfoSphere Data Explorer Application Builder enables rapid deployment of information-centric applications that combine information and analytics from multiple sources for a comprehensive, contextually-relevant view of any topic, such as a customer, product or physical asset
- Widget-based framework enables users to select the information sources and create a personalized view of information needed to perform their jobs
- Entity pages enable presentation of information and analytics about people, customers, products and any other topic or entity from multiple sources in a single view
- Activity Feed enables users to “follow“ any topics such as a person, company or subject and receive the most current information, as well as post comments and view comments posted by other users
- Comprehensive set of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) enables programmatic access to key capabilities as well as rapid application development and deployment options
Distributed, highly scalable architecture
- Compact, position-based index structure includes features such as rapid refresh, real-time searching and field-level updates
- Updates can be written to indices without taking them offline or re-writing the entire index, and are instantly available for searching
- Provides highly elastic, fault-tolerant, vertical and horizontal scalability, master-master replication and “shared nothing“ deployment
Flexible data fusion capabilities
- Information from multiple sources can be combined into “virtual documents“ which contain information from multiple sources
- Large documents can be automatically divided into separate objects or sub-documents that remain related to a master document for easier navigation and comprehension by users
- Enables creation of dynamic "entity pages" that allow users to browse a comprehensive, 360-degree view of a customer, product or other item
- Users can tag, rate and comment on information
- Tags, comments and ratings can be used in searching, navigation and relevance ranking to help users find the most relevant and important information
- Users can create virtual folders to organize content for future use and optionally share folders with other users
- Navigation and search results can return pointers to people to enable location of expertise within an organization and encourage collaboration
- Shared Spaces allow users to collaborate about items and topics that appear in their individualized views
Federated discovery, navigation and search
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Not available for purchase online.