Design and build single user desktop database applications
- Provides innovative self-managing and self-tuning capabilities, dramatically reducing time and costs associated with managing database servers
- Delivers industry leading support for Federated Web Services and XML
- Based on open industry standards and is portable across industry pervasive platforms
- Delivers advance business intelligence support through Multi-Dimensional Clustering (MDC) capability
- Includes Development Center with tools to improve developer productivity in both Java and Microsoft environments
- Supports integration with other IBM software such as Lotus for collaboration, Tivoli for management and WebSphere for dynamic e-business.
DB2 Universal Database allows you to access any information, from any application, from any place in your organization anytime, and still at the total lowest cost of ownership in the industry. The newest release provides significant automation capabilities through SMART (self-managed and resource tuning), Business Intelligence enhancements, and expanded abilities to integrate information across your company.
DB2 Universal Developer's Edition (UDE) offers a low cost package for a single application developer to design, build, and prototype applications for deployment on any of the DB2 client or server platforms. This comprehensive developer’s offering includes all client and server DB2 editions, DB2 Connect, the DB2 Extenders, Warehouse Manager, and Intelligent Miner allowing customers to build solutions that utilize the latest database technologies. The software in this package cannot be used for production systems.Learn more
Not in United States?