Simplify database administration, accelerate application development and increase collaboration
IBM® Data Studio provides an integrated, modular environment for database development and administration of IBM DB2® for Linux, UNIX and Windows. It also offers collaborative database development tools for IBM DB2 for z/OS®, IBM DB2 for i, IBM Informix® and Big SQL for IBM BigInsights®. This software is available at no charge.
IBM Data Studio enables developers and administrators to create and manage heterogeneous database environments for increased productivity.
- Streamline database development with advanced query validation, object management and system deployment features.
- Improve collaboration through an integrated environment and shared platforms.
- Help save time and reduce errors using advanced data management, configuration and administration tools and features.
Streamline database development
- Use customizable templates and editors to create, test, debug and deploy routines—such as stored procedures and user-defined functions.
- Simplify query building, editing, tuning and formatting (including support for XQuery). View access plan graphs and get statistics advice.
- Debug more efficiently with additional support for: triggers, PL/SQL anonymous blocks and declared routines, persistent breakpoints in both the routine editor and debugger and routine recompilation without having to redeploy.
- Manage objects and privileges, analyze dependencies, view data distributions and update object statistics.
- Collaborate roles using an Eclipse-based integrated development environment (IDE) to develop new applications, administer the database and monitor database health.
- Simplify database schema changes, develop and test routines and generate data-centric web services.
- Benefit from integration with IBM InfoSphere® Data Architect; IBM InfoSphere Optim™ pureQuery™ Runtime for Linux, UNIX and Windows; and IBM Rational® application development solutions.
Help save time and reduce errors
- Create, schedule and track command scripts and utilities. Manage jobs configuring email notifications in command scripts to report upon job completion.
- Efficiently manage database instances for standard, database partitioning features and IBM DB2 pureScale® topologies. Reverse-engineer databases into physical models and synchronize changes between models and databases.
- Manage change in database objects using model-based forward engineering, develop Java applications that use IBM pureQuery annotated methods and copy objects from one database to another.
- Run commands on multiple objects, and manage cluster members using the IBM pureScale environment.
- Support shadow and column-organized tables with the ability to create, alter or drop. And, convert row- to column-organized tables or create shadow tables from traditional tables.
IBM Data Studio resources