Take command of your data sets to improve IT productivity.
IBM® Data Set Commander for z/OS® extends IBM interactive and batch capabilities for performing operations on partitioned data sets (PDSs) and partitioned data set extended (PDSEs) and their members. IBM Data Set Commander for z/OS was formerly named IBM ISPF Productivity Tool for z/OS.
IBM Data Set Commander for z/OS:
Provides batch processing capability
Manages the synchronization of the LLA cache
Exploits new z/OS support for PDSE
Provides an integrated interface to ISPF
IBM Data Set Commander for z/OS
IBM® Data Set Commander for z/OS® runs on any hardware configuration supported by the specified required licensed programs listed in the Software Requirements section.
IBM Data Set Commander for z/OS runs under the control of, or in conjunction with, the following programs. For more information on the following programs that may require program temporary fixes (PTFs), refer to the program directory and Preventative Service Planning (PSP) bucket.
One of the following:
PDSE member generations support requires z/OS V2.1 and the PTFs for the following APARs: OA42358, OA42247, and OA42248.
IBM Data Set Commander for z/OS is tested and supported for use only with the announced and currently supported levels of IBM software and hardware specified in the software requirements and hardware requirements sections of this announcement. IBM knows of no reason Data Set Commander for z/OS will not work with certain earlier, unsupported IBM software products, specifically:
- Application foundation
- Application Performance Analyzer for z/OS
- CICS Deployment Assistant for z/OS
- CICS VSAM Recovery for z/OS
- Debug Tool for z/OS
- Fault Analyzer for z/OS
- File Manager for z/OS
- IBM Data Set Commander for z/OS
- IBM Session Manager for z/OS
- IBM XWork Server
- Problem Determination Solution Pack for z/OS
- Problem Determination Testing Solution Pack for z/OS
- TPF Toolkit
- Unified Messaging for WebSphere Voice Response
- WebSphere Application Server - Express
- WebSphere Application Server
- WebSphere Application Server for z/OS
- WebSphere Application Server Liberty Core
- WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment
- WebSphere Application Server Tools Edition
- WebSphere eXtended Transaction Runtime
- WebSphere Real Time
- WebSphere Translation Server for Multiplatforms
- WebSphere Voice Response for AIX
- WebSphere Voice Toolkit
- Workload Simulator for z/OS and OS/390