An advanced optimizing compiler for the z/VM platform
IBM XL C/C++ for z/VM is a standards-based programming tool for developing large, complex, computationally-intensive applications. XL C/C++ for z/VM lets you write C and C++ applications or extend existing C applications using C++.
- Standards compliance: Conforms to the ISO/IEC 9899:1999 international standard (C99), the latest ANSI/ISO 1998 C++ standard, and a standards-conforming C compiler and includes the C++ Standard Library.
- HOT support: Uses the high order transformation (HOT) option for high-order transformations, which are optimizations that improve performance for loops through techniques such as interchange, fusion, and unrolling.
- OPTIMIZE(3) support: Supports OPTIMIZE(3) or OPT(3), the compiler's highest and most aggressive level of optimization.
- LANGLVL compiler option: Supports all available language levels that you can use to compile your code within XL C/C++ for z/VM.
- Portability: Supports industry standards to simplify the porting of applications to z/VM from both IBM and non-IBM platforms.
- The C++ Standard Library includes the following: the C++ Standard I/O Stream Library for performing input and output (I/O) operations; the C++ Standard Complex Mathematics Library for manipulating complex numbers; and the STL, which is composed of C++ template-based algorithms, container classes, iterators, localization object, and the string class.
- XL C/C++ for z/VM includes the UNIX System Laboratories I/O Stream and Complex Mathematics libraries.
- OPT(3) introduces additional options and pragmas to help you improve your application performance, including the loop unrolling option and pragmas and a number of new built-in functions.
- Using the OPT(0), OPT(2) and OPT(3) options, you can obtain optimization levels that run from comprehensive low-level optimizations to more extensive optimizations.
XL C/C++ for z/VM resources
- XL C/C++ for z/VM library
See the announcement letters, product documentation, information centers, and white papers for XL C/C++ for z/VM.