Highly efficient content repository with robust enterprise grade capabilities with benefits to end-users, IT personnel and entire business
As companies increasingly rely on a growing volume and variety of content, arriving with greater velocity each day, to help them run their business and make critical decisions, robust and flexible content management is an even more important foundation for effective enterprise content management. IBM Content Manager is a well established and well-proven Enterprise Content Management (ECM) platform product that provides a highly scalable business solution for management of all types of content. IBM Content Manager offers a centrally provisioned, secure and scalable environment designed to address full content management and workflow requirements. Advanced features offered in IBM Content Manager help organizations achieve even more value, lowered total ownership cost (TOC), and greater return on investment (ROI) from their enterprise content management (ECM) environment.
Some of the key benefits to users within business organizations include:
- On-demand web and mobile access to information anytime, anywhere with IBM Content Navigator included with IBM Content Manager
- Collaborative document management capabilities to allow teams to share and collaborate on documents rapidly without involving IT
- Document versioning with easy check-in check-out and get fast and relevant results with optimized and saved searches
- Search for content within IBM Content Manager or search across multiple repositories including third party repositories featuring CMIS interface
- HTML5 Viewing and annotation of hundreds of different file types without requiring any custom viewers to be installed on desktops
- Embedded workflow feature helps to simplify business processes and improve efficiency; available integration with IBM Case Manager to enable rich case solutions that delivers information to people in context of business process they are operating under.
Some of the key benefits to IT staff who manage the ECM infrastructure include:
- High Availability: Built in replication of content for access to content with higher availability; option to deploy IBM Content Manager in HA/DR configuration
- Security: Centrally managed authentication of users and flexible access control to manage authorization of operations being performed by end users. Security of content in transit as well as at rest with content encryption
- Policy Based Storage: Built in content migration capability to enable policy based storage, example: migrate content to cheaper storage after certain time period is elapsed or migrate content when available free storage falls below certain threshold
- Choice of APIs: Utilize rich Java API or WebServices or CMIS interface to develop custom applications
- Integration: Built in event notification framework can be used to trigger action in other enterprise application in response to variety of events occurring in IBM Content Manager such as document check-out, check-in, and document update
- Control Storage costs: Configure document retention policies to control document life-cycle and automatically or in controlled manner purge documents past their expiry time
Beyond above benefits, the rich eco-system of following separately priced IBM ECM solutions running on IBM Content Manager deliver additional advanced capabilities and significant value to business.
- IBM Case Manager: A solution platform that engages people with content, workflow and analytics enabling them to make better decisions while empowering them to achieve better business outcomes anywhere and everywhere
- Datacap: Advanced capture solution that goes much beyond scanning and ingesting documents by automatically recognizing, classifying and extracting information from documents thus reducing manual time and labor spent in setting up metadata for documents
- StoredIQ: Advanced content assessment solution that analyzes unstructured content residing in fileshares, email servers and over 75 other data sources to detect documents that may have sensitive information and bring such content into IBM Content Manager where it can be controlled and governed properly. It also helps detect redundant, obsolete or trivial documents and dispose them off.
- IBM Enterprise Records: An enterprise record management solution that helps you comply with legal and regulatory requirements for content in IBM Content Manager.
- Watson Explorer: Powerful solution with natural language processing, content mining and cognitive capabilities that helps you explore, analyze and interpret information across wide variety of information sources including that in IBM Content Manager in easy to consume manner.
Content Manager Enterprise Edition: Delivers scalable ECM capabilities to store, manage and integrate enterprise content on Linux, Unix and Microsoft Windows platforms.
| Product support
Content Manager for z/OS: Provides a scalable ECM solution to manage enterprise content using the System z® environment.
| Product support
Content Manager for iSeries resources