Multi-platform content management for digital business
Robust and ﬂexible content management has become essential as companies rely on a growing volume of content to run their business and support critical decisions. IBM Content Manager (also known as CM8) is a well established and proven Enterprise Content Management (ECM) platform that has been deployed at global 1000 enterprises spanning many industries. It offers a centrally provisioned, secure and scalable foundation designed to address full content management and workﬂow requirements for all content types. It is available on a variety of platforms as well as on IBM Cloud. IBM Content Manager supports Windows, AIX, Linux, Linux on System z, and z/OS. Its components can be deployed across mix of platforms if needed, for example some components can be put on AIX, others on z/OS or Windows
Some of the key benefits include:
- On-demand web and mobile access to information anytime, anywhere with IBM Content Navigator included with IBM Content Manager
- Collaborative document management capabilities to allow teams to share and collaborate on documents rapidly without involving IT
- Document versioning with easy check-in check-out and get fast and relevant results with optimized and saved searches
- Search for content within IBM Content Manager or search across multiple repositories including third party repositories featuring CMIS interface
- HTML5 Viewing and annotation of hundreds of different file types without requiring any custom viewers to be installed on desktops
- Embedded workflow feature helps to simplify business processes and improve efficiency; available integration with IBM Case Manager to enable rich case solutions that delivers information to people in context of business process they are operating under.
Some of the key benefits to IT staff who manage the ECM infrastructure include:
- High Availability: Built in replication of content for access to content with higher availability; option to deploy IBM Content Manager in HA/DR configuration
- Security: Centrally managed authentication of users and flexible access control to manage authorization of operations being performed by end users. Security of content in transit as well as at rest with content encryption
- Policy Based Storage: Built in content migration capability to enable policy based storage, example: migrate content to cheaper storage after certain time period is elapsed or migrate content when available free storage falls below certain threshold
- Choice of APIs: Utilize rich Java API or WebServices or CMIS interface to develop custom applications
- Integration: Built in event notification framework can be used to trigger action in other enterprise application in response to variety of events occurring in IBM Content Manager such as document check-out, check-in, and document update
- Control Storage costs: Configure document retention policies to control document life-cycle and automatically or in controlled manner purge documents past their expiry time
Content Manager Enterprise Edition: Delivers scalable ECM capabilities to store, manage and integrate enterprise content on Linux, Unix and Microsoft Windows platforms. Also available on IBM SoftLayer Cloud as a managed service hosted on a virtual private environment that is configured for your workload.
| Product support
Content Manager for z/OS: Provides a scalable ECM solution to manage enterprise content using the System z® environment.
| Product support
Content Manager for iSeries resources