Key Digital Transformation Enabler based on IBM FileNet Content Management Platform
IBM® Content Foundation (ICF) delivers full content lifecycle and document management capabilities to promote wide enterprise content management (ECM) adoption. Designed for fast, cost-effective solutions, it offers improved control of existing and new types of content with scalability, security, stability, mobility and cross-platform capabilities. IBM Content Foundation is easy to use, supports rapid deployment and is suitable for small to large companies. It is available for on-premises, in the cloud, or any hybrid deployments.
Content Foundation provides:
- Unified and extensible user experience that minimizes time to production solutions based on Content Foundation for mobile, web, and desktop environments
- Custom application development APIs and tools to enable customers and business partners to customize Content Foundation solutions for their specific business needs.
- Extensive document management capabilities to support document and publication requirements whether they are small and simple or extremely large and complex.
- Platform consolidation capabilities to enable Content Foundation to manage content from multiple, disparate repositories with or without migrating content.
- Social content management capabilities to bring the insight of social content to content managed by Content Foundation.
- Enterprise manageability and scalability to handle large content systems and help reduce total cost of ownership.
Unified and extendible user experience
- Includes IBM Content Navigator toolkit for rapid development and deployment of applications. These tools help build user interfaces and offer extensive and dynamic visual ECM components based on the Dojo standard.
- Enables integration into Microsoft Office and SharePoint. Provides a flexible plugin-based integrative architecture for customizing integrations with other third-party business solutions.
- Supports Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) based repositories to enable users to search, browse and use documents in third-party repositories. Empowers organizations to begin the Content Foundation adoption process without adopting a unifying metadata models or migrating content.
- Enhances Content Foundation with social content collaboration and analytics features such as tagging, comments, download tracking and likes.
- Includes user-friendly Navigator Mobile for both iOS and Android, frees business users to work with content anywhere on their mobile devices.
- Provides a variety of annotation and secure redaction capabilities directly within leading web browsers and virtual viewer support of email and email attachments. End-to-end burn-in redaction allows users to reliably redact PII data and other sensitive information before sharing with third parties.
- Newly-expanded Box integration leverages the best capabilities of our cloud ECM partner, including the ability to share a document externally via URL, copying documents to and from Box and on-premise repositories, and simultaneous cross-repository search.
Custom application development APIs and tools
- Provide programming tools to support the development of applications that take advantage of new and existing types of content.
- Offer Java, .Net and web services application programming interfaces (APIs) to provide full access to the capabilities of the IBM FileNet® Content Platform Engine. These APIs can deliver solutions that provide specific and fine-grained control over content.
- Include the IBM Content Navigator toolkit for rapid development and deployment of applications. These tools help build user interfaces and offer extensive and dynamic visual ECM components based on the Dojo standard.
- Use the IBM Content Management Interoperability Services for FileNet Content Manager (CMIS) API to deliver client and server support, enabling users to span multiple vendors' repositories and third-party applications.
Extensive document management capabilities
- Use an extensive object model to manage complex taxonomies using wide-ranging metadata. Organize content into folders or use flexible links and relationships between documents while maintaining integrity.
- Work with various document types including Microsoft Office documents, web pages, photos, voice data, videos, images, process definitions and templates.
- Provide rich versioning and lifecycle capabilities to support control, security and consistency of documents.
- Support use of transactional content, business content and pervasive content.
- Allow users to view thumbnails alongside document properties when viewing folder content and search results for a more efficient and simplified discovery process.
Platform consolidation capabilities
- Use IBM FileNet Content Federation Services to provide a single foundation to connect content silos and manage content within an enterprise. Integrate directly with IBM FileNet P8 Platform, IBM FileNet Content Services, IBM Content Manager OnDemand and IBM FileNet Image Services.
- Work with IBM Content Navigator and CMIS to enable users to search, browse and use documents in third-party repositories. This lets organizations begin the Content Foundation adoption process before considering unifying metadata models or migrating content.
- Take advantage of IBM Content Integrator without additional license fees when integration services are limited to six IBM ECM repositories.
- Provide a storage management capability to move managed documents from one managed storage area to another. Move content files between file stores, database stores and supported protected storage devices.
Social content management capabilities
- Enable users to add comments to documents managed by Content Foundation. Add multiple comments or view the discussion associated with any managed object.
- Add social tags to documents managed by Content Foundation, making it easier for users to contribute to the classification and grouping of documents.
- Provide document download tracking to see how many, and which, users are downloading specific documents from the repository.
- Enable users to recommend individual documents in the repository. View the aggregate of multiple recommendations to help determine how consumers rate specific documents.
- Provides social content management functions through APIs and IBM Connections.
Enterprise manageability and scalability
- Support a wide variety of operating systems, databases, web application servers, directory services solutions and industry standards, such as HTML5, CMIS and DITA, to reduce total cost of ownership.
- Offer enterprise-level systems management and web-based administration. Capabilities include content search services, analytics, data center management, file compression, security features and flexible storage.
- Provide an intuitive and consistent user experience for mobile, desktop and web use across multiple operating systems and content sources.
- Optimize deployments for geographically dispersed user communities. Support content caching for optimized remote retrieval or locate primary storage in countries requiring local storage for legal reasons.
- Include a highly scalable architecture that supports on-premise and cloud deployments.
Extensive document management capabilities to support your complex document and publication requirements and processes.
Platform consolidation components to work with diverse business process and storage systems.
Custom application development
Custom application development tools to offer more fine-grained, expansive content management.
Social content management
Social content management capabilities to track social interactions related to managed content.
Intuitive user interface
Enterprise manageability and scalability to handle very high document storage and retrieval rates on a daily basis.
Content Foundation resources
Software Trial: IBM Content Foundation on Cloud
Learn what market leading IBM FileNet content Management platform based IBM Content foundation , along with the convenience of cloud, can do for your business. Request for a 30 days free trial now
Free Workshop: IBM FileNet Content Manager and IBM Content Foundation
Multi-city 2 days complimentary workshop for a deep dive on IBM FileNet Content Manager and IBM Content Foundation, to help you gain actionable insights on how to drive optimal business value. Secure your spot now.
Case study: Ilmarinen boosts productivity and client satisfaction with instant access to pension and investment documents
Read more (PDF, 1.2MB)
Solution Brief: IBM Content Foundation - designed to enhance content access, team collaboration and mobility
Download now (PDF, 79,4KB)