SAP archiving delivers value-based archiving with SAP
SAP archiving with IBM® Content Collector for SAP Applications provides flexible archiving, content management and governance for SAP® data and related content. It extends IBM's value-based archiving capabilities across SAP applications and archive stores, including IBM enterprise content management (ECM) repositories and Tivoli® Storage Manager. IBM Content Collector for SAP Applications helps reduce total cost of ownership by avoiding costs associated with limited, siloed SAP offerings and deploying full SAP business solutions to offer expansive capabilities in one product.
With an all new user interface built on IBM Content Navigator, IBM Content Collector for SAP 4.0 can help you:
- Extend your IBM ECM portfolio: IBM Content Collector integrates seamlessly with all IBM ECM applications that rely on IBM Content Navigator, such as IBM Datacap and IBM Case Manager. Our strong integrations enable expansive ECM SAP business capabilities to help you take advantage of your existing ECM investments.
- Archive SAP data and documents to help reduce storage and infrastructure costs and improve SAP user productivity and process efficiency.
- Enrich SAP content by linking valuable ECM-stored documents such as invoices, emails and contracts to SAP transactions.
- Support today’s and tomorrow’s cloud archiving environments by offering system security and performance monitoring enhancements as well as system performance guidelines.
Archives SAP data and documents
- Allows you to collect, archive and manage SAP-generated data and documents in an integrated, security-rich repository using your existing or future ECM platform.
- Supports traditional SAP ArchiveLink™ and SAP Content Server as well as newer SAP NetWeaver® Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) protocols to meet a range of needs.
- Provides SAP NetWeaver ILM 3.0 support to enable SAP-directed retention periods on archived data with advanced SAP and document instance decommissioning.
- Offers archiving methods to help reduce costs and improve your ability to meet compliance mandates while enhancing SAP system performance and user efficiency.
Enriches SAP content
- Links ECM-stored documents, such as sales orders and contracts, to SAP transactions, providing a full record when required.
- Displays SAP data and related content side by side on screen.
- Supports IBM ECM repositories including Content Manager, Content Manager OnDemand, FileNet® Content Manager (P8) and FileNet Image Services, as well as Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM). This enables you to take advantage of built-in hierarchical storage management and use existing infrastructures.
- Takes advantage of many IBM ECM products, including Content Analytics and Global Retention Policy Management, as well as SAP-specific Optim™ process offerings. This enables greater returns from expanded IBM ECM environments and deeper SAP implementations.
- Offers rich, content-centric IBM business process management (BPM) and advanced case management components that can be linked with SAP workflows to enable and manage processes beyond SAP boundaries.
Enables expansive ECM SAP business capabilities and provides SAP-specific integration
- Integrates with IBM Datacap Taskmaster Capture to convert, understand, tag and direct various types of incoming documents to the proper systems and people, including SAP applications and users.
- Provides a feature-rich capture and archiving infrastructure to deliver expansive SAP solutions from IBM and from xft, an IBM and SAP Business Partner. These offerings support areas such as accounts payable, human resources management and contract management.
- Handles invoice management, personnel file and contract management applications through Content Collector integration with Datacap Taskmaster Capture and SAP-certified offerings from xft.
- Offers an integrated accounts payable system that works with Datacap Taskmaster Capture, developed for worldwide use by IBM's Global Business Services ECM Services Group.
- Integrates with IBM ECM Case Manger to link case documents to SAP business processes.
Supports today's and tomorrow's cloud archiving environments
- Provides system security enhancements and monitoring tools, along with system performance and high availability guidelines to enable IBM and IBM-sanctioned third-party Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud deployments.
- Facilitates distributed pay-per-click cloud environments.
- Offers managed services deployments using SAP, database systems and other software licenses you already own.
Expands IBM's value-based archiving portfolio
- Extends IBM's technology in value-based archiving techniques to SAP. Addresses symptoms of large databases and information volume as well as root causes associated with keeping too much information indefinitely, which increases cost and risk.
- Uses IBM-pioneered assessment and progression techniques to determine the value of information and how long to retain it.
- Implements value-based archiving for SAP content, using interlinked products in the IBM Content Collector family to "defensibly delete" information when its value expires. This helps reduce storage, operating costs and potential legal exposure.
- Improves storage management by identifying the business value of content, adapting it for storage tiering and eliminating duplication.
- Archives and decommissions most non-SAP enterprise applications, enabling SAP to consolidate your legacy customer relationship management, human resources management or other systems to derive even more value from your SAP investment.
Content Collector for SAP Applications downloads