Extend enterprise content management capabilities to Microsoft SharePoint users
Microsoft SharePoint sites throughout the enterprise. It offers policy- and user-driven archiving to better govern content stored in SharePoint to help maintain high system performance even as the SharePoint workload increases. IBM Content Collector for Microsoft SharePoint can apply and enforce specific compliance and governance policies on SharePoint content, bringing SharePoint in line with other corporate information systems.
IBM Content Collector for Microsoft SharePoint enables you to:
- Deploy a thorough SharePoint collection and archive strategy to manage SharePoint content throughout its lifecycle.
- Provide a richer user environment for easier content collection and archiving.
- Improve IT efficiency and help reduce costs by managing SharePoint content more actively for increased IT performance.
Deploy a thorough SharePoint collection and archive strategy
- Create user-driven and policy-driven processes to collect, archive and index SharePoint content based on business value and legal or regulatory obligation.
- Provide support for the full range of SharePoint list types and libraries.
- Dynamically execute retention instructions to store content according to policy requirements and then delete it when appropriate.
- Integrate SharePoint content into your IBM FileNet® Case Manager or IBM Content Manager applications.
- Classify and declare content as records automatically for formal record-keeping requirements, including the application of legal holds.
Provide a richer user environment
- Improve SharePoint system performance for a more optimal user experience.
- Provide easier user access to archived content through shortcuts from SharePoint, with links provided back to the archived document.
Improve IT efficiency and help reduce costs
- Archive SharePoint content based on its business value to optimize the scale of your SharePoint environment. For example, you can archive aging or infrequently accessed information, such as older versions of SharePoint documents.
- De-duplicate, compress and align SharePoint content on the appropriate storage tier.
- Delete SharePoint content where appropriate after business value and legal or regulatory obligations have expired to reduce the amount of storage associated with SharePoint.
Content Collector for Microsoft SharePoint