Multi-purpose file system archiving for IT
IBM® Content Collector for File Systems helps IT manage the growth of network file shares and reduce the risk associated with unmanaged collections. It archives and manages various file types throughout their lifecycle based on business value and legal or regulatory obligation. IBM Content Collector for File Systems offers de-duplication, compression and dynamically executed retention functions to help reduce file storage requirements and costs.
IBM Content Collector for File Systems enables you to:
- Collect and archive files based on policies you define for various stages of the file lifecycle.
- Manage compliance and legal requirements in place without further collection.
- Optimize content integration with IBM content management systems.
- Improve IT efficiency and help reduce costs by managing files based on business value.
- Make it easier to work with archived documents and retain greater file control.
Collect and archive files based on policies you define
- Use policy-driven archiving processes to enforce corporate rules and to collect, archive and index files based on their business value.
- Create policies based on properties such as creation date, last accessed date, file size or author.
- Dynamically execute retention instructions, including those syndicated from IBM Global Retention Policy and Schedule Management, to remove content at the end of its lifecycle to reduce risk and reclaim storage.
- Eliminate unsupported file types such as MP3, MP4 or epub.
Manage compliance and legal requirements in place
- Manage eDiscovery searches, legal holds and records retention from one system.
Optimize content integration
- Import documents and metadata from originating systems into your IBM FileNet® Case Manager or IBM Content Manager applications.
Improve IT efficiency and help reduce costs
- Archive content based on its business value.
- De-duplicate, compress and align content on the appropriate storage tier.
- Delete content where appropriate after business value and legal or regulatory obligations have expired.
Make it easier to work with archived documents
- Provide a transparent service to users by providing shortcuts to archived files.
- Use version control on archived documents.
Content Collector for File Systems resources