Improve business workflows with this application development tool
IBM® Lotus® Connector for SAP Solutions is an application development tool that lets you integrate IBM Domino® with SAP enterprise resource planning software. This server-based application development tool connects SAP enterprise data and applications with IBM Notes® or web-based IBM Domino applications to extend and create more efficient business workflows.
As an application development tool, IBM Lotus Connector for SAP Solutions features:
- A server-based IBM Domino tool to access and share SAP data and applications throughout your enterprise.
- Integration between IBM Notes and SAP software to support collaborative business workflows within your IBM Notes environment.
- Easier administrative tools to customize and control the connections between IBM Domino servers and SAP applications and data.
- A variety of supported platforms to fit your operating environment.
A server-based IBM Domino tool
- Use one or more IBM Domino servers to transfer data to and from SAP applications.
- Get access to SAP applications throughout the enterprise using preconfigured IBM Domino connections that require no programming.
- Perform SAP data exchanges on a scheduled, event-driven or on-demand basis for flexible, automatic data transfers from the IBM Domino server.
- Develop IBM Notes and web-enabled IBM Domino applications that integrate SAP data with your business applications for more efficient and automated workflows.
- Work with other server-based application development tools, such as IBM Lotus Enterprise Integrator® for Domino, to further integrate SAP applications with your IBM Domino environment.
Integration between IBM Notes and SAP software
- Connect your IBM Notes applications with SAP software to make it easier for employees to collaborate and share work using the online communication tools they use daily.
- Receive summaries of SAP workflow items in your IBM Notes inbox so you are notified about the status of work tasks.
- Initiate SAP work items in your IBM Notes inbox to access work tasks.
Easier administrative tools
- Take advantage of preconfigured settings to manage data connections and log in requirements, and transfer data between IBM Domino and SAP with no programming required.
- Work with an intuitive application programming interface to customize SAP integration processes to fit your company’s needs.
- Get native, optimized access to enterprise data from IBM Domino for fast, accurate data transfers.
- Make connections between SAP applications and IBM Domino using SAP remote function calls, transaction levels or business application programming interfaces.
A variety of supported platforms
- Use with these IBM Domino platforms: IBM AIX® 5.3; IBM i5/OS® V5R4M0; Microsoft Windows 2003; Sun Solaris 10; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5; and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10.
- Use with these IBM Notes platforms: Microsoft Windows XP Professional; Microsoft Windows XP for Tablet PC; Microsoft Windows Vista: Enterprise, Ultimate and Business Editions; Microsoft Windows Vista for Tablet PC; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Desktop; and SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 XGL.
- Connect with other external applications and data sources, such as IBM DB2®, Oracle and Sybase, using additional Lotus Connector applications supported by IBM Domino.