Business social network platform helps improve knowledge sharing, decision-making and innovation
IBM® Connections™ is a leading business social network platform that helps you get work done. Connections allows your organization to engage the right people, accelerate innovation and deliver results. Using this business social network, you can confidently share knowledge beyond traditional organizational boundaries. Connections can help you improve decision-making, increase productivity and accelerate time to market on a platform that is delivered on premises or as software as a service on IBM Cloud.
IBM Connections is a market-leading business social network platform that can help you:
Trust people and extend technology
Collaboration on your terms to drive higher levels of engagement and innovation.
IBM Connections V5.0 builds upon the IBM social software platform with an innovative, user-centric solution. Connections V5.0 empowers users by removing traditional collaboration barriers, allowing them to decide on the people, the place, and the time required for the project – and how it gets done.
IBM Connections V5.0 allows organizations to:
Collaborate beyond traditional boundaries
• Collaborate with external users, including customers and business partners.
• Initiate back and forth file sharing within the community or externally.
• Allow external users to participate fully in an IBM Connections community, including use of profiles, directories and business cards.
Focus on what’s important
• Use @mentions to draw attention to important information with ability to respond inline; @mention views available on your homepage.
• Make the Activity stream more relevant with smarter content filtering; locate people in your network using the smart type-ahead search capability.
• Create folders in communities to organize the community files and use them to create multiple galleries per community.
• Allow community managers to create and define a custom community landing page to direct members to the featured content.
• Quickly identify file content you need through thumbnail views organized in a grid view, allowing you to preview and comment on files without opening a new window.
Work where and how you want
• Create, review, edit and work whenever and wherever you need, including offline with file sync that allows you to choose what files you want synced with your desktop or mobile device, ensuring you have access to the latest versions with round-trip editing privileges.
• Allow users to personalize their experience with 1 tap access to their key content with the ability to re-order the navigation, as needed.
• View all tasks and activities in one place and respond in the context using the new in line preview and consolidated notification center; review most recently visited content using the history feature within the native mobile app.
For complete details on the Connections Mobile app, see the full description and what’s new in the device app store:
See what is happening across your social network and access the social data that is important to you.
Find and discover the expertise you need.
Work together with people who have common interests, roles and expertise. Also includes ideation, media gallery, and bridging capabilities.
Present your ideas, receive feedback and make the most of the experience and opinions of others.
Reach out for help or share news with your network
Find, save and share useful web-based content.
Bring information and experts immediately into view by easily sharing conversations that would have otherwise been hidden in email, for faster and more informed decision-making.
View, manage and organize tasks and quickly complete them. Tap into your professional network.
Create and share content together with your teams and professional network.
Share and discover documents, presentations, images with your colleagues. Eliminate system duplicates and reduce the amount of mail in your inbox. Provide rich social content & document management experience with add-on capabilities provided by IBM Connections Content Manager
Exchange ideas with others and benefit from their expertise.
Discover who and what you need to know through recommendations.
Polls and Surveys
Quickly and easily gather feedback from clients, partners and customers.
Add IBM Docs online office productivity suite for more efficient document collaboration.
- Enterprise social networks