Take advantage of a powerful ECM system designed for z/OS
IBM® Content Manager for IBM z/OS® is a scalable enterprise content management (ECM) solution that provides integrated content management features for all types of content, including images, documents and rich media. Designed especially for high-volume, high-performance enterprise application requirements, it is an ideal solution for companies that require powerful operational capabilities.
Content Manager for z/OS provides a foundation to manage, access and integrate critical business information on demand.
- Optimized for z/OS systems—so you can handle high volume and continue to use your existing infrastructure.
- Features document and object management capabilities—provide security and access control to support management of compliance records and content creation projects.
- Provides an open, extensible and scalable platform—from a single server to a full enterprise that manages all your content in a single virtual repository.
Optimized for z/OS systems
- Content Manager for z/OS allows you to store, manage and integrate high volumes of content on z/OS systems.
- The high-volume batch loader saves you time by loading documents and objects into the Library Server and the Object Authority Manager (OAM) database.
Features document and object management capabilities
- Powerful replication services allow you to store and manage objects in multiple locations, and application-transparent content caching allows fast access to stored documents.
- Enterprise-level features include a powerful XML-ready data model, Java and web services programming interfaces, and an integrated hierarchical storage manager that supports hundreds of storage devices and media types.
- The solution manages all types of content—including document images, electronic office documents, XML content and multimedia—across multiple platforms.
Provides an open, extensible and scalable platform
- Content Manager for z/OS supports both IBM and third-party hardware and software, so you can use a common infrastructure to lower your total cost of ownership.
- Optional monthly licensing of the Library Server and the Resource Manager makes acquisition and implementation easier, and supports multiple platform choices.
- Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) support allows for integration of ECM systems that span business units and vendor implementations, as well as for improved enablement of business process management systems.