Use content strategically with an ECM framework for IBM iSeries
IBM® Content Manager for IBM iSeries® is a scalable enterprise content management (ECM) solution that helps you manage all types of content using the iSeries platform. Content Manager for iSeries addresses content management for businesses of all sizes and provides the foundation for an agile ECM framework.
Content Manager for iSeries integrates content with core business applications to enhance internal productivity and improve customer service.
- Easy access to information—helps accelerate your business processes virtually anytime, anywhere.
- Document management capabilities—provide security and access control, which help you manage compliance records and content creation projects.
- Management of all types of content—such as document images, electronic office documents, XML content and multimedia is possible across multiple platforms.
- Embedded workflow features—help simplify business processes, improving efficiency.
- The scalable and secure distributed architecture—improves performance and agility.
Easy access to information
- The easy-to-use interface enhances productivity while searching, indexing or reorganizing information.
- Automatic creation of folders simplifies organizing and finding information. Users can drag and drop items between folders and workbaskets.
- IBM Content Manager for iSeries includes IBM Content Integrator, which provides content federation through bidirectional, real-time access to disparate content repositories.
Document management capabilities
- Full repository services enable management of both structured and unstructured content.
- The solution performs indexing, classification and automated storage management.
- Version control capability manages multiple versions of documents and objects, including document annotations.
Manages all types of content
- Support for heterogeneous servers across multiple platforms allows optimum processing for each content type.
- Content Manager for iSeries features the IBM ImagePlus® Workstation Program, which allows you to scan or capture content as document images. Organize, link, route and present image files and other information from a single server or central location.
Embedded workflow builder
- Intuitive, drag-and-drop workflow builder helps you easily define document routing processes.
- The workflow builder handles simple sequential tasks and complex process modeling so you can simplify the implementation of formal and repeatable processes across the enterprise.
A scalable, extensible architecture
- The solution supports the IBM i family of operating systems, including the IBM OS/400® Integrated File System for high-speed capture performance.
- It provides Open Document Management API (ODMA) support for easy document access from ODMA-compliant desktop applications.
- Based on industry standards, the Content Manager for iSeries is designed to be fully open to any application.