Mainframe network security for on demand transactions
z/OS® Communications Server provides a high-performance
foundation for building and deploying networking applications.
Providing mainframe network security, z/OS Communication server
enables SNA and TCP/IP applications running on z/OS to interact
with partner applications and users on the same or different systems.
This high availability enterprise transaction and data server provides
common applications such as File Transfer Protocol (FTP), Telnet
and remote execution of applications.
z/OS Communications Server provides a secure platform for developing and sharing mainframe workloads in a TCP/IP environment. Built for optimum productivity, z/OS Communications server is designed for:
Read about the V2R1 Features available in z/OS V2R1 Communications Server.
High speed connectivity to the enterprise
z/OS Communications Server
z/OS Communications Server
|z/OS||Refer to our detailed software and hardware requirements documents||Refer to our detailed software and hardware requirements documents|
What’s New in z/OS V2R1 Communications Server?
It has been said "z/OS is not just a node on the network, z/OS is the network," and that is largely due to the wide array of networking technologies included in z/OS Communications Server, including both TCP/IP and SNA. System and data security technologies, fault tolerance, autodetection and autorecovery capabilities—all mean that z/OS can provide reliable and trustworthy networking services. With intelligent configuration, dynamic optimization, self tuning, and network routing, it adapts to different networking conditions and is capable of shifting workloads and traffic to meet quality of service and business needs.
This page provides an overview of select enhancements provided by z/OS V2R1 Communications Server.
System z Platform Efficiency
With z/OS V2R1 and related System z technologies, IBM delivers improved performance, scale, and economics to the platform. These technologies are intended to help you to leverage existing resources better or to free up existing resources to run more workload within your existing System z servers more efficiently.
z/OS Simplification Enhancements and Ease of Use
z/OS V2R1 introduces many new simplification capabilities. This is to address the need for skills by making existing personnel more productive and by reducing the time needed for someone new to gain proficiency on the platform.
z/OS V2R1 introduces new capabilities to help you write applications and systems programs, and extend existing programs. z/OS V2R1 Communications Server provides these new and enhanced application programming interfaces:
The z/OS Communications Server can provide highly secure networking, via capabilities such as IPSec, Application Transparent Transport Layer Security (AT-TLS), and Intrusion Detection Services (IDS).
According to IBM market research, the System z platform is recognized by both customers and industry analysts for its industry-leading resilience capabilities; furthermore, high availability is the top reason for running existing workloads on and migrating new workloads to System z. z/OS V2R1 improves availability by delivering the following enhancements:
Standards and Statements of Direction
All statements regarding IBM's plans, directions, and intent are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
- B2B integration
- Communication Controller for Linux on System z
- Communications Server for Data Center Deployment
- Communications Server for Windows
- Financial Transaction Manager
- Multi-Enterprise Integration Gateway
- Multi-Enterprise Relationship Management
- Standards Processing Engine
- Sterling B2B Collaboration Network
- Sterling B2B Integration Services Basic
- Sterling B2B Integration Services Plus
- Sterling B2B Integrator
- Sterling Community Development Services
- Sterling Data Synchronization Manager
- Sterling e-Invoicing
- Sterling Fax Conversion Services
- Sterling Gentran
- Sterling Information Broker
- Sterling Managed AS2 Gateway
- Sterling Supplier Portal
- Teleprocessing Network Simulator
- VTAM for VSE/ESA and VM/ESA
- WebSphere Business Integration for Financial Networks
- WebSphere Business Integration for Healthcare Collaborative Network Gateway
- WebSphere Data Interchange for MultiPlatforms
- WebSphere Data Interchange for z/OS
- WebSphere DataPower B2B Appliance XB62
- WebSphere Multichannel Bank Transformation Toolkit
- WebSphere Partner Gateway
- WebSphere Remote Server
- WebSphere Transformation Extender
- z/OS Communications Server