Cognos Business Intelligence extended to Microsoft Office applications
IBM® Cognos® for Microsoft makes it possible for users to work with Cognos Business Intelligence content in Microsoft Office applications. They can access Cognos Business Intelligence content in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, where they can work with Cognos reports, apply calculations and use their existing Excel spreadsheet macros. They can also import business intelligence (BI) content into a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation or a Word document for presentation and distribution.
- A familiar interface allows you and your employees to use key business intelligence data in your daily processes and presentations with minimal training.
- Import and refresh capabilities enable users to import BI content directly and easily into Microsoft Office tools and update data when necessary.
- Centralized administration increases the accuracy of data and how fast it is delivered.
- Secure access to Cognos Business Intelligence from Microsoft Office applications helps ensure that BI content is accurate and not compromised.
- With Cognos for Microsoft, reports are created once in Cognos Business Intelligence and made available in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and users can easily save and share templates and documents.
- Unlike piecemeal solutions, Cognos for Microsoft Office does not require a different solution for each Office interface.
- All or part of Cognos Business Intelligence report elements are included in the Cognos for Microsoft Office interface.
Import and refresh
- With Cognos for Microsoft Office, users can import BI content directly into the Microsoft Office application that best suits their needs.
- Cognos for Microsoft Office enables users to update BI data using prompts in Excel, PowerPoint or Word documents.
- Formatting and capabilities, native Excel and PowerPoint charts and standard corporate templates and layouts are preserved when data is refreshed.
- With Cognos for Microsoft Office, your IT department can maintain version control ensuring that data is accurate and up to date.
- Intelligent data connections, caching and local processing in Cognos for Microsoft Office minimize server demand.
- The fact that Cognos for Microsoft Office is centrally managed ensures the reliability of data, so users learn to trust in the system and forego their manual spreadsheets and documents.
- Access to BI content from Cognos for Microsoft Office is secured by the central Cognos Business Intelligence portal.
- Your IT department maintains access rights and audit accountability back to individuals, making regulatory compliance simpler.
- Users log in from a Microsoft Office environment to ensure that security and BI content is properly administered.
Cognos for Microsoft Office resources