Integrate Cognos Business Intelligence content into third-party applications
With IBM® Cognos® Mashup Service, advanced business users and application developers can embed Cognos Business Intelligence content into other business applications, processes or data visualization tools. Using this solution, IT can more easily integrate business intelligence into the systems with which users are most familiar.
Cognos Mashup Service helps you integrate business intelligence content into third-party applications or processes to create new views of data:
- Extend business intelligence content to the entire organization. Help users see information in different ways and gain new insights.
- Reduce mashup development time. Use data set controls, output formats and business logic to reduce mashup coding time.
- Use industry-standard protocols. Take advantage of the latest Representational State Transfer (REST) and Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) protocols to extend and integrate your data.
Cognos Mashup Service Screenshots
Extend business intelligence content to the entire organization
- Reach business users in the applications and processes they use every day.
- Combine internal data with changing external content, such as market information.
- Help users throughout your organization find different ways to look at business intelligence information.
Reduce mashup development time
- Use existing Cognos Business Intelligence security to optimize development time.
- Access business logic in your business intelligence content, including conditional formatting, prompts and drill functions.
Use industry-standard protocols
- Take advantage of industry-standard REST or SOAP protocols for making requests.
- Integrate content with alternative presentation technologies using Web 2.0 technology standards.
- Work with Microsoft.NET applications and SOAP toolkits.
Cognos Mashup Service resources