Complete, accurate and auditable financial consolidation
IBM® Cognos® Controller is financial consolidation software that supports the complete close, consolidate and report process. Automate and accelerate the close process with a full suite of financial consolidation software designed for finance users.
Cognos Controller allows you to deliver complete financial results, create financial and management reports, and provide the chief financial officer (CFO) with an enterprise view of key financial ratios and metrics.
- Finance owns the consolidation process—Define and maintain all financial consolidation rules and processes from the office of finance – no IT assistance required.
- Full financial close management solution—Address your extended financial close process.
- Scalable to serve both midsize and larger organizations—Handle simple to complex close, consolidation and reporting process requirements.
- Integration with both IBM and non-IBM systems—Work with financial data in a variety of formats.
- Local and global financial consolidation—Meet the complete range of consolidation and reporting requirements including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Cloud-based deployment option—Provides the functionality of the on-premise solution with faster deployment.
Finance owns the consolidation process
- No dependency on IT with the finance department independently owning and operating the solution.
- Audit and track data flow throughout the consolidation process. Drill down into details to identify who did what and when.
- Customize the consolidation process to handle specific requirements with user-defined business rules. Maintain a configurable foundation for finance users.
- Ensure data consistency with a validation process that reconciles data for accuracy and notifies you of inconsistencies.
- Accommodate mergers, acquisitions or reorganizations by updating structures or business rules once, and see the changes reflected throughout the application automatically.
- Amend entities, structures and account details without coding, scripting or complex language.
Full financial close management solution
- Address your extended financial close process.
- Deliver close, consolidation and report processes for both internal and external audiences by including IBM Cognos Disclosure Management in the solution.
- Integrate financial consolidation into a performance management system that includes reporting and analysis, scorecarding, planning and budgeting.
Scalable to serve both midsize and larger organizations
- Provide midsize companies with affordable close, consolidation and reporting, managed by the office of Finance with Cognos Controller Express.
- Handle simple to complex close, consolidation and reporting process requirements.
- Perform enterprise-scale consolidation.
Integration with both IBM and non-IBM systems
- Work with financial data in a variety of formats.
- Leverage existing IT investments with the integration options for IBM and non-IBM systems.
- Provide a true, technology-agnostic environment for all your financial and management reporting, e.g., for financial close management connected with virtually any data warehouse.
Local or global financial consolidation
- Consolidate multiple views from legal, management and tax perspectives, or in terms of budgets, actuals, plans and forecasts.
- Provide critical data for regulatory compliance including IFRS, GAAP reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Perform advanced formula calculations using year-to-date (YTD) values, averages and multiple periods, combining financial and non-financial metrics.
- Present certified financial results in multiple reporting and transaction currencies.
- Make investment adjustments for complex ownership situations such as regional consolidation and reporting for Brazil, Denmark and the Netherlands.
Cloud-based deployment option
- Choose the delivery mechanism that’s best suited to your corporate environment—on-premise or on-cloud—without sacrificing capabilities or limiting future deployment options.
- Perform close, consolidation and reporting tasks with full access to on-premise data sources.
- Enjoy the same capabilities as the on-premise solution in a subscription-based pricing model that lowers your up-front costs.
Cognos Controller Screenshots