Automation for hybrid environments and heterogeneous applications
IBM® Cognos® Command Center offers an effective and flexible alternative that will reduce the management and support costs of your IBM Cognos TM1 and other finance applications, while bringing greater reliability, visibility and timeliness to your finance systems environment. Cognos Command Center reduces complex code and sequences tasks for multiple platforms and applications, regardless of where the application resides. A central automation repository provides security-rich application and data automation source control, lifecycle management (LCM) and an audit trail for exceptional automation compliance.
Cognos Command Center provides self-service automation, allowing business users to view and run automated processes on an ad hoc basis, and more quickly diagnose and address issues that may arise. Through a single interface, users can run and monitor their processes from web-enabled devices and respond to near real-time alerts and viable information without calling on IT to troubleshoot problems. Cognos Command Center is also a key enabler for cloud and helps automate hybrid computing environments that co-exist in virtualized clouds, hosted servers and on-premise computing environments.
Cognos Command Center provides:
- Workflow orchestration—sequence sophisticated task flows for multiple computing platforms and applications.
- Reduced custom coding—reduce the complexity of custom coding with predefined libraries of functions.
- Centralized control and compliance—increase control and visibility to see who ran what, where, when and how.
- Self-service automation—view and run processes on an ad hoc or scheduled basis, and diagnose exceptions.
- Automation for cloud-based applications—automate hybrid computing environments in virtualized clouds, hosted servers and on-premise environments.
- Sequence sophisticated task flows across hybrid computing environments and in heterogeneous applications.
- Manage Cognos TM1, Oracle Hyperion and other finance applications with built-in functionality to start and stop servers, replicate data across systems, run regular and nightly automation, and notify administrators of errors in the logs file.
- Work with in-house scheduling technology including CA AutoSys, BMC Control-M, IBM Tivoli® and UC4.
Reduced custom coding
- Reduce the complexity of custom coding with predefined libraries of functions that extend product capabilities to a variety of applications.
- Automate and standardize processes within your business intelligence (BI) and financial performance management (FPM) applications through an extensive library of plugins and predefined processes.
- Give business users greater control with self-service automation and reduce the need for IT intervention.
Centralized control and compliance
- Proactively inform administrators and users with status reports and actionable information.
- Create a detailed audit history and provide life cycle management of the automated processes through development, test and production environments.
- Provide safeguarded, auditable source control of automation scripts and tasks with an automation repository.
- Enhance automation visibility with a central runbook to see who ran what, where, when and how.
- Reduce the cost of ongoing support and application maintenance as business users run selected processes on their own.
- Replicate and simplify processes for files for backup, reporting or geographic reasons, and provide users with controls that execute processes immediately or on a regular schedule.
Automation for cloud-based applications
- Integrate your application processes regardless of whether the applications reside on premise or in the cloud.
- Enable automation for hybrid computing environments that co-exist in virtualized clouds, hosted servers and on-premise computing environments.
- Run on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Windows Azure and Oracle On Demand, and prepare to support other cloud environments.
Cognos Command Center resources