Explore and analyze your data in a familiar spreadsheet format
IBM Cognos® Analysis for Microsoft Excel brings the benefits, power and familiarity of Excel to the arena of modern enterprise performance management. Cognos Analysis for Microsoft Excel enables business analysts, financial analysts, line-of-business managers and others to explore and analyze data from a variety of different sources—including IBM Cognos TM1 and IBM Cognos Business Intelligence—without IT support.
With Cognos Analysis for Microsoft Excel, users can:
- Explore and analyze data sourced from multidimensional Cognos TM1 models, Cognos Business Intelligence and other systems in a familiar spreadsheet format.
- Retain Microsoft Excel functionality and formatting while moving data between Cognos TM1 models and Excel spreadsheets.
- Share results by publishing Cognos Business Intelligence-sourced reports in standard Cognos dashboards and reports.
- Extend analysis capabilities to more users in your enterprise—so they can make faster, more effective decisions that drive superior performance.
Explore and analyze data
- Use one add-in to analyze all your data: dimensional or relational, performance management or business intelligence, proprietary IBM data (Cognos TM1, Cognos PowerCube) or third-party sources.
- Drag and drop members, dimensions, views and subsets from the metadata tree of your Cognos TM1 model directly into spreadsheet columns or rows, using the Exploration interface.
- Link and refresh planning and operational data sources in the same Excel worksheets, by connecting to Cognos TM1 and Cognos Business Intelligence through a single analysis interface.
- Select and filter data, then define layouts to gain a managed view of information through a single, intuitive interface.
Retain Excel functionality and formatting
- Use Microsoft Excel capabilities to enrich business scenarios and present results that are easy to understand and reuse.
- Create objects and subsets in Cognos TM1 models and reuse them in the spreadsheet environment of Cognos Analysis for Microsoft Excel.
- Use Flex view to seamlessly weave Cognos TM1 cube views with user-defined Excel formatting and calculations.
- Write back to the Cognos TM1 model with Excel formatting intact.
- Publish Cognos Business Intelligence-sourced reports, including new column and row calculations, in standard Cognos reports and dashboards.
- Engage teams and individuals from across the organization for more inclusive and representative decision-making and analysis.
- Deliver analysis results to the processes and people at the front line of the business.
Extend analysis capabilities
- Extend access to Cognos TM1 data to a broader range of users to improve their decision-making.
- Perform flexible analysis and solve business problems using familiar spreadsheet tools and techniques.
- Analyze data from different sources and build reports and dashboards without the need for IT assistance.
- Build control panels to make it easy to change information in a report with a single click.
Cognos Analysis for Microsoft Excel resources
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Not available for purchase online.