Business intelligence on a single, scalable infrastructure
IBM® Cognos® Business Intelligence for Linux on System z provides a single, scalable infrastructure that helps simplify enterprise data access for reporting, analysis, dashboards, mobile apps and much more. Cognos Business Intelligence is collocated with your data warehouse and transactional systems on an IBM System z® platform for more timely, accurate and secure access to your information. Linux on System z supports massive consolidation and can run multiple workloads concurrently.
Cognos Business Intelligence for Linux on System z features:
- Reporting that is accessible in the office or on the go.
- Analysis solutions that address a variety of needs.
- Dashboards for monitoring, measuring and managing corporate performance and real-time information.
- Mobile business intelligence for insight wherever you happen to be.
- A common foundation for data access, system management and information delivery.
- Extensive support for big data with broad interoperability that enables integration with popular big data sources.
- Provides the professional report authoring capabilities of Cognos Business Intelligence that help minimize the effort for report authors.
- Offers collaborative reporting features to help business users communicate with others to drive aligned decisions.
- Enables you to access reports in multiple formats and in other applications and processes.
- Explore your Cognos Business Intelligence data in a familiar spreadsheet format and then incorporate it with other business intelligence features.
- Find the answers to business questions fast with analytical reporting that includes guided report analysis, dashboards, navigable reports and mobile apps.
- Create alternative scenarios that help you build “what-if” projections.
- Conduct in-depth analysis and share results with broader business communities because you are working from the System z platform
- Uncover patterns in your business and apply algorithms to business intelligence data to predict outcomes.
- Access an at-a-glance view of how your organization, business unit, department or group is performing—on your office computer, smartphone and tablet computer.
- Drill down to the level of detail that can help you make effective decisions faster.
- Assemble information into a view that makes sense for you.
- Take advantage a single Cognos Business Intelligence interface that includes the ability to personalize and unify your views, slice and dice and collaborate.
- Experience insight wherever you are with support for Apple iPad and iPhone and smartphones and tablets that use the Android operating system.
- Interact with data online or off with highly visual, interactive reports.
- Enable IT to confidently deploy BI to many mobile devices and give them tools to protect against data loss and theft while enforcing policy compliance.
A common foundation
- Accesses and optimizes information so it can be reached reliably and when it is needed, regardless of its source or structure.
- Organizes and captures content for a complete and consistent view of your business that spans regions, capabilities and business communities.
- Deploys and manages your applications efficiently and scales up and out as needed.
- Designs and integrates your solution to use existing infrastructure and adapt quickly to change.
Extensive support for big data
- Integrated support for Hadoop includes IBM InfoSphere® BigInsights™, Cloudera, Apache, Hortonworks and Amazon Web Services Elastic Map-Reduce through the HIVE adaptor.
- Integrated support for analytic data stores includes IBM DB2® BLU with BLU Accelerations, IBM Informix®, SAP HANA, EMC Greenplum, Teradata AsterData, ParrAccel, HP Vertica, Actian Vectorwise and Sybase IQ.
- Integrated support for real-time streaming includes IBM InfoSphere Streams.
Cognos Business Intelligence for Linux on System z Screenshots
Cognos Business Intelligence for Linux on System z resources