Compiler extends COBOL technology in the VSE/ESA environment
The IBM® COBOL for VSE/ESA compiler extends IBM COBOL technology in the IBM VSE/ESA environment. COBOL for VSE/ESA provides a set of intrinsic functions and a migration path from other COBOL versions.
COBOL for VSE/ESA:
- Features intrinsic functions such as financial capabilities, statistical functions and mathematical formulas.
- Includes string handling and date handling with four-digit year support.
- Provides a migration path from DOS/VS COBOL and VS COBOL II.
- Offers structured programming, 31-bit addressing support and dynamic call support to help you overcome the 24-bit addressing virtual storage constraint.
- Supports recursive calls in COBOL, structured programming and interoperability with other languages.
- Includes debug tool for VSE/ESA, which provides a mainframe interactive (MFI) interlanguage debug tool that supports PL/I, C and COBOL.
COBOL for VSE/ESA resources