A massively scalable, fully-managed NoSQL database-as-a-service
Try Cloudant now at no charge. Sign up today!
IBM® Cloudant® Dedicated Cluster is an always-on NoSQL database as a service (DBaaS) that provides loading, storing, analysis and distribution of operational application data. It is designed for developers of large and fast-growing web and mobile applications.
The software is hosted and managed for you, 24 hours per day by Cloudant big data experts. It can accelerate innovation and time-to-market by freeing developers from the mechanics of data management — so they can focus on creating new applications.
Cloudant Dedicated Cluster provides the following features and benefits:
- Fully managed DBaaS — Cloudant developer operators can keep your data layer growing, secure and always on.
- Elastic scalability — Grows or shrinks your data layer to match user demand and help control costs.
- Data synchronicity — Pushes data to the network edge, across data centers and devices, for low-latency data access and fault-tolerance.
- Secure infrastructure — Provides integrated encryption and security-rich features to help ensure your data is protected.
- Geo-Mobility — Geospatial indexing and mobile synchronization let you add location-based services to your apps. Allows occasionally connected users to access data on the go, without a network connection.
Fully managed DBaaS
- Data experts are available around the clock to quickly respond to any situation.
- Cloudant engineers can tune, grow (or shrink) clusters, repartition and rebalance data, and actively recommend application design changes that improve performance or lower cloud costs.
- Reduces the time and cost of moving databases to more powerful hardware or redesigning schemas to accommodate business growth.
- Automatically handles the sharding and rebalancing of your data to help ensure your apps are always running.
- Can distribute data across over 30 cloud data centers. Integrated geo-load balancing connects users to the closest copy of their data, reducing network latency and scalability bottlenecks.
- Includes integrated advanced geospatial capabilities to help simplify the development of location-based applications.
- Provides hosting on top-tier cloud providers, in single-tenant database clusters running on dedicated, bare-metal hardware at IBM SoftLayer or Rackspace (and on dedicated virtual machines at Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure).
- Cloud provider partners manage physical security and are in compliance with SSAE16, SOC1, ISAE 3402, HIPAA, ISO 27001, CSA and other standards.
- Provides read, write and administrator permissions at multiple data access levels.
- Supports in-flight and at-rest data encryption.
- Lets you add advanced location-based services to your apps such as bounding polygons and ellipses, predictive paths, multiple coordinate systems, and route optimization.
- Offers open-source mobile sync libraries for iOS and Android to provide on-device data management, off-line data access and synchronization with the Cloudant service.