Scalable, always-on NoSQL database for private, public, and hybrid clouds
Cloudant Local, request a copy today
IBM® Cloudant® Data Layer Local Edition (Cloudant Local) is a database management system (DBMS) platform that addresses the hybrid cloud demands of mobile application data management. It runs on premises to complement the IBM Cloudant Dedicated Cluster on-device and in the cloud.
The software includes all the features of Cloudant Dedicated Cluster, such as integrated search, geo-spatial capabilities and dashboards, but deployed to the private cloud infrastructure of your choice and managed by you.
Cloudant Local can be licensed on a perpetual or month-to-month basis, and it includes all the devOps tooling Cloudant uses to run its public cloud database-as-a-service (DBaaS) for easier, safer deployment.
Cloudant Local provides the following features and benefits:
- Elastic Scalability – Lets you scale data on-demand, with the ability to span multiple data centers or cloud providers.
- Data Synchronicity – Helps reduce latency and eliminate single points of failure.
- Geo-Mobility – Allows you to update data locally, while advanced geospatial capabilities can simplify development of location-based apps.
- DBaaS flexibility – Offers a fully managed service or self-service with assistance from Cloudant experts.
- Scale on demand with data spanning multiple data centers or cloud providers.
- Offers hybrid, heterogeneous cloud support to provide flexible deployment.
- Lets you deploy in private data centers or move to public cloud providers depending on regulatory, business or security requirements.
- Helps reduce latency and connect users to the closest copy of data by leveraging a globally distributed database.
- Provides multiple copies (replicas) of the data, which can reduce possibility of a single point of failure.
- Allows you to read from and write to replicas for better scalability and data durability.
- Uses mobile synchronization, enabling mobile apps to collect and read data even if network connectivity is unavailable.
- Provides integrated, advanced geospatial capabilities to move data closer to users.