Cloud storage for mainframe data
IBM Cloud Tape Connector for z/OS allows mainframe data – either for archive or for backup and recovery – to utilize private, hybrid or public cloud storage for improved flexibility and economics. All processing and data movement is done without requiring additional hardware gateway devices. zIIP processors are leveraged to minimize CPU cost of data movement.
Easily copy any mainframe data to cloud storage for improved economics and flexibility without any storage gateway hardware devices.
- Automatically designate current tape data for cloud without JCL or program changes.
- Use same cloud storage infrastructure for both mainframe and open systems data
- Data transformation and encryption for object or file storage handled automatically
- Data caching and movement can be tailored for workload optimization
- Supported Clouds: IBM Cloud Object Storage, SoftLayer, and Amazon
IBM Cloud Tape Connector for z/OS enables automated, non-disruptive changes to your operations
- Move data to the cloud
- Use the cloud you prefer
- Determine how and when you want to data transferred to the cloud
- Format (object vs file storage)
- Encryption options
Cloud Tape Connector
- Handles local-disk caching and communication latency
- Manages data transmission
- Authenticates with cloud security
- Blocks data for object or file storage
- Invokes encryption
- Verifies accurate copy completion
- Retrieves data from cloud when user or application requires
- Allows you to have common cloud infrastructure, processes, and management with open systems data and applications
- IIBM Cloud Object Storage (formerly known as Cleversafe) offers private or public options and allows you flexibility to choose the actual storage media devices you want to use.
- IBM SoftLayer offers public cloud options with locations around the world.
- IBM Cloud Tape Connector for z/OS also supports Amazon Web Services S3 object storage.
IBM Cloud Tape Connector for z/OS resources