IBM® CICS® Transaction Server for z/VSE 2.1 is the latest release of CICS on z/VSE. It is based on CICS TS for z/VSE 1.1.1 and replaces it in z/VSE 6.1.
IBM CICS Transaction Server (CICS TS) for z/VSE V2.1 delivers enhancements for future workloads and includes:
- The CICS Explorer - A system management tool, consisting of a client and system management interfaces on the CICS TS server. The CICS Explorer allows monitoring and update of selected CICS resources. Learn more details about the CICS Explorer client.
- CICS TS for z/VSE 2.1 - Provides monitoring and update capabilities for CICS resources.
- Channels and Containers - An alternative to using the traditional CICS communication area (COMMAREA); a channel (and its containers) can be used to transfer large amounts of data between CICS programs.
- Cipher suites AES 128 / AES 256 for CICS web support - CICS web support is enhanced to allow access with AES 128 and AES 256 cipher suites for improved security.
- EXEC CICS INQUIRE OSLEVE - The OSLEVEL option is added to the INQUIRE SYSTEM command. This option returns a 6-byte field that shows the version, release, and modification level of the z/VSE system where CICS TS for z/VSE is running.
- EXEC CICS ASKTIME ABSTIME - The ABSTIME value that is returned by the EXEC CICS ASKTIME command can now be now truncated to milliseconds instead of rounded to the nearest 1/100 seconds.
- EXEC CICS FORMATTIME - The new MILLISECONDS option can be used to obtain the number of milliseconds.
- The Report Controller Facility (RCF) and REXX for CICS - Comes with CICS TS for z/VSE V2.1 at no additional charge.
Read the CICS TS for z/VSE 2.1 announcement letter and the CICS TS Enhancements Guide for insight into the operational efficiencies for your CICS environment.
CICS Transaction Server for VSE/ESA R1.1.1 is the base for CICS TS for z/VSE 2.1 and is supported on z/VSE Version 5.
- Provides a flexible entry solution into network computing and e-business, with a scalable and reliable growth path.
- Delivers comprehensive client support for IBM and non-IBM platforms.
- Supports all models of client or server computing.
- Includes CICS Web support, REXX for CICS, CICS Universal Client, and CICS Transaction Gateway for Multi-platforms.
- Allows monitoring of selected CICS resources with the CICS Explorer client.