New insight into your CICS applications
IBM z/OS Tools
Are your tools up to the task?
Watch the video (00:03:35)
IBM® CICS® Interdependency Analyzer is a dynamic discovery tool that helps you understand the relationships, dependencies and flows of CICS applications. These insights help you modernize, mobile-enable and cloud-enable CICS applications with confidence.
CICS Interdependency Analyzer:
- Automates discovery and collection of dependency, affinity and command flow data to an IBM DB2® database.
- Navigates CICS resource relationships easily with the plug-in for IBM CICS Explorer®.
- Increases operational efficiency with thread-safe analysis to reduce CPU usage.
- Enhances service agility by reducing the time needed for upgrades, identifying service-enablement candidates and building a CICS cloud.
Also available as part of CICS Optimization Solution Pack for z/OS
Automates discovery and collection of dependency, affinity and command flow data
- Uses stored procedures to improve performance.
- Reduces dependency overhead with statistical sampling.
- Provides a plug-in view for program details and offers affinity analysis as part of the plug-in
- Sampling technique reduces data collection overhead.
- Provides enhanced cloud application analysis.
Navigates CICS resource relationships easily
- Built-in queries, views and visualizations.
- Command Flow feature delivers insight into the execution of CICS transactions, including detailed analysis of context switches.
- Visualization of near real time and scanner program attributes.
- Resource use and dependencies by platform.
- Visualization of Task Control Block (TCB), region and application switches.
Increases operational efficiency
- Affinity analysis informs workload management decisions and insight accelerates region consolidation projects.
- Integration with IBM CICS Explorer and other IBM tools combined with lifecycle-wide capability encourages collaboration between the DevOps roles.
- Thread-safe optimization and workload management are simplified and accelerated to mitigate the effects of increased mobile workloads.
Enhances service agility
- Provides the application insight required to support enterprise modernization programs.
- Identifies target programs for mobile- or service-enablement.
- Details CICS application dependencies for subsequent cloud deployment.
- Highlights differences between multiple versions of applications.
CICS Interdependency Analyzer z/OS resources