Application infrastructure (also known as “middleware”) is integrated technology that can manage multiple hosted applications. It is a standard platform that enables different applications to work across many locations, while handling a great number of users and transactions.
In today’s volatile business environment, IT must depend on a solid application infrastructure so it can reliably address increasing user demands and constantly update applications.
IBM application infrastructure solutions can provide the needed speed and agility across today’s fluid hybrid landscape. These solutions also support today's mobile, social and data hungry applications so that you can quickly take advantage of new business initiatives.
IBM application infrastructure solutions help you:
- Consistently deliver key results – even with unpredictable demand levels and tight budgets.
- Speed delivery of new applications and services with operational efficiency and flexibility.
- Drive down costs by adopting easy-to-use cloud and virtualization technologies.
- Reduce costs and risks with integrated tools that provide maximum security and control.
Featured application infrastructure solutions
to provide a solid base for building, deploying and managing enterprise applications.
to run enterprise applications on premises and off premises more quickly and easily.
for distributed caching technology – extending performance and scalability of existing applications.
Comparing WebSphere Application Server to Apache Tomcat
Discover the benefits of selecting the Liberty profile as your application server environment.
Private Cloud for Dummies: Helping you with cloud adoption
Get a clearer perspective of private cloud model of computing for both business and technical leaders.
WebSphere Application Server vs Oracle WebLogic
Learn about WebSphere’s increased efficiency and resulting better total cost of ownership.
WebSphere Application Server V8.0 Technical Overview
Build and deploy reusable application services more quickly and easily.
Efficiently deliver applications and services with robust performance and better security and control – while reducing costs. Drive down operational costs with a virtualized or cloud-based application infrastructure and immediate response.
Software for service oriented architecture environments that enables dynamic, interconnected business processes. Get highly effective application infrastructures for all business situations.
Both on- and off-premises solutions that use effective patterns to rapidly extend your applications, reduce cost and complexity – and ease management.
Enterprise wide infrastructure for cloud delivery, integration of operational data with analytics and mobile optimization. Discover new levels of performance, security and cost efficiency.
All products - Application infrastructure
- Application Performance Analyzer for z/OS
- Debug Tool for z/OS
- Fault Analyzer for z/OS
- File Manager for z/OS
- IBM Session Manager for z/OS
- Migration Utility for z/OS
- Problem Determination Solution Pack for z/OS
- Problem Determination Testing Solution Pack for z/OS
- Unified Messaging for WebSphere Voice Response
- WebSphere Application Server family - Overview
- WebSphere Application Server Feature Packs Family - Overview
- WebSphere Extended Deployment Compute Grid
- WebSphere Real Time
- WebSphere Translation Server for Multiplatforms
- WebSphere Voice Response for AIX
- WebSphere Voice Toolkit
- Workload Simulator for z/OS and OS/390
- CICS Batch Application Control for z/OS
- CICS Family
- CICS Operational Insights
CICS Tools - Overview
- CICS Configuration Manager for z/OS
- CICS Deployment Assistant for z/OS
- CICS Interdependency Analyzer for z/OS
- CICS Modernization Solution Pack for z/OS
- CICS Optimization Solution Pack for z/OS
- CICS Performance Analyzer for z/OS
- CICS VSAM Recovery for z/OS
- CICS VSAM Transparency for z/OS
- IBM CL/SUPERSESSION
- CICS Transaction Gateway family - Overview
- CICS Transaction Server family - Overview
- CICS Transaction Server for z/OS V4.2
- WebSphere Transaction Cluster Facility
- z/Transaction Processing Facility Enterprise Edition
- z/Transaction Processing Facility - Overview
- z/Transaction Processing Facility Database Facility