Driving results with business networks
The people network
On a smarter planet, inter-connectivity goes beyond connecting computers and smart devices. The advance of Web 2.0 and social networking technologies has now shifted the focus to people networks: It's as much about and relationships as it is about the technologies.
People are using social networking in staggering numbers. The world currently spends 110 billion minutes on social networks and blog sites per month. This equates to 22 percent of all time spent online.1
Pioneering organizations see opportunity in this shift. They are integrating social collaboration capabilities into their strategies, operations, and processes. Whether it’s with customers, partners, or employees, these organizations use collaboration tools to improve efficiency, solve problems, create opportunities, boost productivity, and drive innovation that makes them more competitive and successful.
- Berlitz Corporation is using portal, social networking software for business, and real-time collaboration solutions to break down traditional communication boundaries and to accelerate the development of higher quality products. 2
- Construction firm VCC empowers project managers with a social collaboration solution from IBM that contributes to a 40 percent year-over-year increase in new business. 3
- Celestica is an electronics manufacturer finding efficiencies through a collaborative development solution. In one case, Celestica has identified a US $40 million savings opportunity.
Become a people business
According to IBM, 95 percent of what are termed standout organizations will focus more on getting closer to the customer4 over the next five years and 57 percent are more likely to allow their people to use social and collaborative tools5.
It’s not a coincidence. Leading organizations are using social collaboration to delight customers, to drive innovation, and to bring out the best in their business networks and employees.
IBM has the tools and expertise to help you maximize the value of social collaboration in business environments, including profiles, blogs, wikis, bookmarking, tagging, activities, communities, shared files, team spaces with content management tools, enterprise instant messaging, online meetings, audio and video chat, email and calendaring, delivered on premises or in the cloud.
Help employees, partners, clients, and others engage with one another anytime and anywhere, by integrating business-focused collaboration solutions, including blogs, wikis, bookmarking, communities, team spaces, content management tools, enterprise IM, online meetings, audio and video chat, email, calendaring, and other collaborative applications, delivered on premises or in the cloud.
Social software for business, letting you access everyone in your professional network
IBM social software, real-time communications, and content management capabilities in a single offering
All products - Social collaboration
- Document Management - Overview
- IBM Connections
- IBM Domino
- IBM Domino Designer
- IBM Domino Hypervisor Edition
- IBM iNotes | Trials and Demos (US)
- IBM Notes | Trials and Demos (US)
- IBM Notes and Domino family - Overview
- IBM Domino Collaboration and Messaging Express
- Lotus Connector for SAP Solutions
- Lotus Protector for Mail Security | Trials and Demos (US)
- IBM SmartCloud Notes
- IBM Virtual Desktop for Smart Business | Trials and Demos (US)
- IBM XWork Server
- Lotus Expeditor
- Lotus Mashups
- Vantage for IBM Connections
Security-rich, collaboration environment seamlessly integrating with your Lotus Notes and Domino and mixed messaging infrastructure
Granular security features, reporting logging, and archiving controls for content posted within IBM Connections environments
Security and compliance features, management and control, and reporting for Sametime real-time social collaboration
How do your collaboration practices compare with organizations achieving best-in-class performance?
Learn why IBM is a leader among enterprise social platform vendors according to the Forrester Wave: Enterprise Social Platforms report
Read “The compelling returns from IBM Connections in support of social business: Five stories”
Find out why Lotus Symphony 3 is a PC Magazine Editor’s Choice for office productivity suite
Stay connected with others in the social collaboration community through social media
Participating in social collaboration communities can help enhance your personal and professional development and establish your expertise.
Get connected with your colleagues and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and elsewhere to stay up to date on the latest IBM news and information that’s important to you.